Thread: thinBasic Beta 1.9.1.0

thinBasic Beta 1.9.1.0

thinBasic Beta 1.9.1.0

Download from: http://www.thinbasic.biz/projects/th...ic_1.9.1.0.zip

This is a real Beta in the sense there is a lot of new features all (more or less) to be finished and fully documented.
    So, please use this version only for testing and not for real production scripts.

New features are really a lot, all listed into thinBasic help file under What's New topic.
    Have a look and please report any impression/problem/likes always remembering it is a beta!!!!!

Here some of the main features you will find in this release:

• mainly all modules and thinBasic Core are now compiled using PowerBasic 10.x. This will allow more capabilities to be developed into future releases.
    • new module called GDIP has been added. This module adds GDIPlus functions into thinBasic as native
    • new module called ZLIB has been added. This module adds compressing functions as native thinBasic commands
    • dictionary is now also a module class allowing a more elegant code syntax
    • added many native Win_* functions into UI module that mimic standard Windows API functions very often needed in scripts. This will avoid the need to DEFINE API in scripts
    • new module called MSXML2_XMLHTTP has been added. This is an experimental module I added because at work I needed to handle XML file to interact with Web Services servers using SOAP protocol. Is still experimental because I still need to find the right direction to implement it so functions and module classes can change in next release
    • added in Core engine a new class called cDateTime. The idea is to have directly into Core engine something to handle dates and times without the need to use Date module that was developed by another person and now is quite old and in some cases unstable
    • CANVAS: a great number of new functionalities has been added. From virtual canvas space to automatic sizing to a new way of handling bitmaps directly into memory. Bitmap loading, in memory bitmap creation and handling, to stretching functions very powerful to in memory bitmaps copying.
      Have a look at few new examples located in \thinBasic\SampleScripts\UI\Canvas\
    • last, the new VisualDesigner ... very very experimental !!!! VisualDesigner can be found under thinAir editor under Tools\Visual Designer menu.
      The idea is that you draw your window, Visual Designer will produce thinBasic code ready to be used.
      Attention: Visual Designer is still under very heavy development so things can change a lot and compatibility with current version cannot be guarantee

As usual, under \thinBasic\SampleScripts\ you will find many script examples (I think thinBasic now comes with more than 500 examples) showing many (not all) of thinBasic capabilities in the different covered areas.

Known bugs:
    among many other (I hope not so many) I know there is a bug in this version when creating bundled exe. Some process can sometimes fail due to incorrect TOC inside Exe. I'm working on solving this problem asap.

Have fun.
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Wooooow... Thanks a lot, Eros!

thinBasic MVPs
    my first feedback for visual designer:
    the elements work fine so far, very easy to understand and to handle (since I'm an old vb6.0 user)

some odd thing I experience with it:
    draw an EditBox on the form,
    then double-clicked it, check checkbox for ws_HScroll or ws_VScroll, click apply
    the EditBox moves to lower-right on the form then. Also happens if previously checked box gets unchecked
    I guess it's not supposed to do that.

Edit: Why is there no Canvas-Control-Tool in Visual Designer?
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 12-11-2012 at 13:38.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support