Thread: The Power of Nightmares

The Power of Nightmares

Bogus 'war on terrorism' exposed on our mainstream media. Wow!

http://the2012scenario.com/2012/05/b...r/#more-120403

Video

Best 22 minutes of the revealing BBC documentary 'Power of Nightmares'

http://www.personalgrowthcourses.net...nightmares_bbc

We both posted about it, 9 hours and 21 minutes apart.

http://www.thinbasic.com/community/e...-of-Nightmares

I didn't watch any of it.

But, I remember the day of 9/11.

At the time, I assumed it was actually the work of terrorists.

And, I was not very upset.

Approximately 3000 people were killed.

How often do Americans shrug and continue their activities, when many more thousands on, "the other side of the world", are killed in earthquakes and tsunamis?

My initial thought was, to use an American expression, "What goes around, comes around.".

Little did I know that Bush & Company and the corporate media, would immediately begin working night and day to agitate the populace into a frenzy of terror and fury.

Imagine the numbers you would get, if you divided the total people killed in the "War on Terror" since 9/11, by 3000, or you divided the total money spent on the "War on Terror" since 9/11, by 3000.

In my opinion, the "puppeteers" accomplished exactly what they wanted - when you scare people enough, they will give you all their money, and surrender to you all their rights.

Tell me, how can the defense industry maintain its profit margin, if there is not always an enemy who will stop at nothing to kill every American?

And, I'll say it again (I feel that I can never say it too many times.), to me, absolutely, one of the poorest excuses for a human being who I am aware of, is, Bush Junior. I would not denigrate any other Earth species, by comparing him to it.

Last edited by danbaron; 20-05-2012 at 05:55.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

This documentary, I suspect was hastily consigned to the archives. The YouTubes were first uploaded in April 2008 and only clocked 26000 views.

The notion that the Iraq invasion was totally unjustified is now widely accepted and regularly discussed on the BBC, but not this broader concept of self-serving political manipulation through fear.

I think its only a matter of time. There will be more candour once the troops have returned from Afghanistan.

Charles
    Last edited by Charles Pegge; 20-05-2012 at 10:39.

Unconstitutional

http://the2012scenario.com/2012/05/u...an-eye-opener/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that currently, Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic are being tried by an international court for Bosnian genocide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Genocide

In my opinion, what they are guilty of, is not more than a "parking violation", compared to what Bush and Blair are guilty of, if it can be shown that 9/11 was a false flag operation. (Actually, in my opinion, they are guilty, whether or not it can be shown, i.e., a murderer is guilty whether or not he is convicted.)

Of course, in that case, both would claim they were duped.

(And, what can be said about people who will never, ever, short of being tortured, admit to the crimes they committed? In my opinion, to them, nothing in all of creation, is as important as the image they see reflected in the mirror, --> close to, "perfect", narcissism.)

However, my speculation is that Bush and Blair will never be prosecuted.

If they were, I think it would be obvious that the entire official world structure of governance, is actually almost identical to an ordinary organization of criminals, a mafia, a gang - the only difference being that of scale.

Generally, people are mesmerized by the grooming, the expensive clothes, the proper speech, the ceremony, the legality.

(Over time, rulers learn that presentation is what is most important, maybe, almost the only thing that is important. Otherwise, as an example, what is the purpose of all of the titles, costumes, symbols, insignias, ceremonies, etc., associated with the British monarchy?)

And, "officialdom" has the impramatur of the corporate media.

What percentage of people, when they view their president, speaking to them on television, are willing to contemplate the notion, that they are actually watching and listening to, a psychopath?

How could it be possible, for the intelligent, friendly, polite, charismatic (But, of course, there are exceptions. At least to me, Bush Junior, in his presentation of himself, was obviously, impaired, warped, distorted, disturbed.), legally elected leader of my country, who seems to be speaking to me personally, to be in fact of his hidden deeds, a thousand times worse than Jack the Ripper, than the worst imaginable serial killer?

I think that for most people, that possibility, just does not compute.

The brain circuits would "short out".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing.

Without the internet, would we know anything at all, about the reality of the power structure of this world?

Last edited by danbaron; 21-05-2012 at 21:37.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

Medal hurling outside NATO summit

"No NATO, No War": U.S. Veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan Return War Medals at NATO Summit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=0ctEQqlf2xw#!

Originally, automobiles were only machines used to transport people from one place to another.

Over time, advertisers have caused them to become much more.

Now, they are status symbols.

People are hypnotized to think they are happier if they are driving the most beautiful, luxurious, powerful, technologically advanced car.

But, all of that is only fantasy.

It exists nowhere but in the person's mind.

In reality, all that matters is if a car is reliable.

(Actually, all that matters is being able to get from where you are, to where you want to go. Imagine if you were the only person in the world who had a transporter. Would you not laugh at the "idiots" in their cars?)

Ranks, insignias, awards, medals, in the military have no value except in the minds of the recipients.

The military has learned to use its own form of advertising, its own mythology, to cause soldiers to believe such things have great importance, and are objective measures of worth.

Some soldiers can go many years with a self esteem based on the symbols they wear on their uniforms.

But, I think at some point many of them realize that they have been swindled.

The new wonderful car you buy today, is a piece of junk in a few years.

After a soldier leaves the military, having medals won't get him a job (Absolutely, the same can be said for most Olympic medals.).

Automakers are in the business of making cars with ever shorter lifespans, which they advertise as great works of art.

Those above the military are in the business of attracting disposable bodies they can use, to fight the wars they profit from.

The profiteers realize that when no powerful people have family members fighting, then, the country can constantly be at war, and no one with any power to stop them cares.

That is why after Vietnam, the United States went from a military draft, to a volunteer army.

Simultaneously, U.S. jobs were exported to third world countries, so that many young people had no alternative except to enlist.

The United States also always has done everything it can to elevate patriotism, nationalism, as the highest ideals.

Additionally, it has done all it can to co-mingle patriotism with religion.

I think that sooner or later, a large percentage of people will realize that owning and having to maintain a constant sequence of automobiles, is a losing proposition, a scam. (In my opinion, unless a person hardly drives it, he is tyrannized by, at the mercy of, his car.)

Similarly, I think sooner or later, a large percentage of people will realize that soldiers who proudly strut about in their uniforms, are in reality laughed at by their unseen controllers, who are smart enough to use the soldiers' childlike fantasies, for their own benefit.

If many soldiers begin publicly disrespecting their medals, that can only be bad news for the parasite class.

And, I bet though many people don't believe it, or want it to ever happen, at some point in the future, automobiles will no longer exist.

Especially in the United States, I wonder how much the relative lack of public ground transportation, is due to the secret machinations of the oil and auto corporations.

I think people are starting to realize the many many ways in which they have been subjected to miserable lives for the benefit of those in the suits, who remain unseen in the shadows.

But, the realization is only happening because information has been freed.

We'll see if it remains freed.

I think that, most likely, it will.

(Still, even with the internet, countries keep huge amounts of information from their citizens, usually using the excuse of "national security". But, by now, I think it is common knowledge that "national security" actually means "keeping government officials out of prison".)

How many people still believe what they are told by their governments, and by the corporate media?

Who is not cynical with respect to anything they are told by an official agency?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my radio show last night, there were three different financial people.

They all said, the dollar is going to crash, you will need a wheelbarrow full to buy a loaf of bread.

It makes sense to me.

When a currency is officially redeemable for, not, for instance, gold, but instead, nothing; then, it has no objective value, right?

You can only buy things with it, as long as the seller has confidence in it.

When the seller loses that confidence, it reverts to being only paper.

The analysts said that is what is going to happen with respect to Middle Eastern oil.

We'll see.

When the oil countries don't want dollars, what do you think will happen to the price of gasoline in the U.S.?

It seems to me that approximately the only power the U.S. has remaining, is the threat of its military.

But, as the U.S. becomes bankrupt, its military will fade.

Then, what power will remain?

As far as I can see, only the threat of nuclear weapons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if in the future, history will view the era of capitalism, as, a "train wreck", a disaster.

Last edited by danbaron; 23-05-2012 at 08:40.