Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ScriptBasic Android

Good luck with making SB for SL4A. I have tinkered with SL4A before, not developing for it but trying out the various languages available on it.

John, I will be glad to help test anything you come up with on my rooted phone and unrooted tablet. Thanks for the attachment, I have never played with JSON so it will be interesting to see what it is about.

As far as coding, I have focused on microcontrollers at the moment and also have been trying out different distros of linux in virtual machines. I also tried 2 virtual machines, vmware workstation 8 and virtualbox, both installed on windows 7 host and linux as clients, could not get 3D hardware acceleration working. From reading the forums, vmware supports 3d for windows client installs only at the moment(directx and no linux. VirtualBox will support 3d(opengl) if installed on a linux host(have not tested yet).

couldn't make it work John

John I couldn't get it to work. Here is my screenshot. As you can see, scriba is working. Then you see the error I get when I try helloSocket.bas. But then you see that I can access it and the code with the cat command.

Both hello4.bas and helloSocket.bas have the same privelages. Any ideas?

Screenshot_2012-05-07-12-10-00.jpg

I got no where. I Installed sl4a, installed python for it and only a few of the python demo scripts would run.

I tried to get to scriba from the shell in sl4a, thinking that was the problem, but no luck.

You guys are way ahead of me in linux and android. I am still downloading distros of linux and trying them out.

Thanks John, will look into it to it later tonight.

I just happened to glance at this thread.

What you said, is funny to me.

However, if and when the owner wants me to stop posting, and he informs me, I will be gone.

I think people get upset about what others communicate, when, it "touches a nerve", otherwise, why should they care?

So, I guess if people become angry because of your ideas, in a way it is a compliment, it means you are not stupid.

For some, a vendetta is like an itch, that they've just got to keep scratching - without it, what would they have to do?

Last edited by danbaron; 13-05-2012 at 09:45.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

I see great computational possibilities in Dan's posts. There must be at least one computer game here with some depth to it.

The algorithms of Tyranny and Liberation ..

Charles

Definition of FORUM

a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
    b : a public meeting place for open discussion
    c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

: a judicial body or assembly : court
    a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion
    b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities
    When you look at the forum topic areas, even though it is a programming site, there are areas for other topics of discussion allowed. It is a community and when people get together they talk about many things and as Charles pointed out, from those little tid bits of information creativity kicks in. I think Eros has written about this before about how open discussions on various topics help the creative process.

Here is a tip if you don't want to see those posts, just go to New Posts , read the topics of interest and then Mark Forums Read, then the other topics of non interest will not show up the next time.

Also there is this feature: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/what_is_ignorelist

-Kent, the peacekeeper

Quote Originally Posted by John Spikowski View Post
    For those still interested in a native Android Linux BASIC scripting language, I have an update since my last post.

The RPC scripting interface to Android is rather straight forward so creating a C extension module (using off the shelf libraries) for Android scripting API, JSON library and a RPC client doesn't make sense. I will be releasing a DVM (Dalvik Virtual Machine) module (written in SB) that will contain a library of high level function calls to the Android API. The screen shot below is a simple request / response call to the Android API from ScriptBasic.

IMPORT DVM

phone_type = DVM::getPhoneType()

This sounds very nice. I will continue on the new thread at your forums John.

thinBasic MVPs

Lightbulb

1. Web definitions

• A soapbox is a raised platform on which one stands to make an speech, often about a political subject. The term originates from the days when speakers would elevate themselves by standing on a wooden crate originally used for shipment of soap or other dry goods from a manufacturer to a retail store.
    John I might be replacing my Iphone 4 with a Samsung Note so it could be a chance for a whole new world of scriptbasic but I might be forced into a iphone 4S.

Regards

mike C.
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast