Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strange sudden pain

strange sudden pain

i have a strange sudden left side abdominal pain from about five days, when i take advil 200 liquid gel capsule the pain reliefed by 60% up to 10 hours, i am trying to delay my visit to the doctors for the known reasons. i have tried antibiotics without success and it seems the pain are increasing. so there may be necessary to visit a doctor. the possible reasons for the pain are too much and only a radiological picture of the interior can show the reason.
    http://www.abdopain.com/left-side-abdominal-pain.html

we resembles too much the car motor with all that tubes, muscles, pistons, valves, liquids ,electronics, and even a batteries ... .

Hi Zak

Is it a general ache or is the pain localised? Does massaging the area make the pain worse?

Quote Originally Posted by zak View Post
    i have a strange sudden left side abdominal pain from about five days, when i take advil 200 liquid gel capsule the pain reliefed by 60% up to 10 hours, i am trying to delay my visit to the doctors for the known reasons. i have tried antibiotics without success and it seems the pain are increasing. so there may be necessary to visit a doctor. the possible reasons for the pain are too much and only a radiological picture of the interior can show the reason.
    http://www.abdopain.com/left-side-abdominal-pain.html

we resembles too much the car motor with all that tubes, muscles, pistons, valves, liquids ,electronics, and even a batteries ... .
    Have you had your appendix out?

Lance

The appendix should be on the right side - I bet you (Lance) know that.

But, maybe your hypothesis is correct, the appendix location could be reversed, or, the pain from it could somehow be felt on the left side.

There are too many possibilities.

If the pain doesn't subside, I think you (zak) may have to go to a doctor (I also hate going to a doctor.).

http://www.allhealthsite.com/left-si...treatment.html

http://www.healthhype.com/causes-of-the-left-abdominal-pain.html

Last edited by danbaron; 28-03-2012 at 20:05.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

Charles, from your specific question i have a guess that you will know the problem if i said that "massaging the area does not make the pain worse, it has an independent pain. from 2 cm left of the navel and going around the left side to the middle of the back. it is a virus VZV infection and the doctor saw some redish spots surround the area like a belt. he prescribed me anti virus capsules. he does not scare me, but i have found that this is very dangerous virus and good i have visited the doctor. also the virus can infect the others.
    Lance, i thought about the appendix, and even i searched for the human body images and that appendix are on the right and not on the horizontal line as my pain.
    Dan, as you said it is better to go to the doctor, my luck is that this specific doctor have experience, i will see if that antiviral capsules will have an effect, it is supposed to kill the virus within 10 days. the problem is that my kidney are weak and the antiviral agents can harm the kidney. i'm 58 years old, and most of the time i feel as i am still a boy, i can't believe that the years are going so speedy.

VZV is the ChickenPox Virus, but in adults it attacks sensory nerves, and causes considerable pain. 'Shingles' used to take several weeks to clear up on its own. Glad there is a treatment for it now. Take care Zak, go easy on the coffee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varicella_zoster_virus

Sorry to hear that Zak. But I have heard how painful Shingles can be as Charles pointed out. I always thought shingles effected the legs, but David Letterman had it in his eyes and was out for a long time from his TV show a few years back.
    Hope the new medicines will work for you and give you relief soon. I'm in the same age group as you and I too am a big kid and enjoy it very much and ah yes the years they do fly by!! Speedy recovery my wish for you!

Lots of people get Shingles.

My wife is in bed in the nursing home.

She recently had it.

They gave her the medicine like for you.

It went away.

You'll be OK, zak.

Looking at all of the possibilities for left abdominal pain, it could have been much worse.

I'm glad, and, I think you should be relieved.

(Feel free to consult the medical experts at this forum anytime you need a diagnosis.)

Last edited by danbaron; 29-03-2012 at 06:58.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

Dan
    Looking at all of the possibilities for left abdominal pain, it could have been much worse
    this is right, before going to doctor my feelings was as waiting execution the next day. but now as more ambiguous state like normal waiting. my pain are reduced by about 20% after the fifth anitiviral capsule (acyclovir 800 mg). but i have a strong constipation from the medicine, even i drink castor oil.

a comment about Charles note about "Take care Zak, go easy on the coffee". this is strange, i was drinking 3 big cups of coffee every day before the pain up to one month. before that i was drinking one cup only. so there is a possibilty that the coffee have awakened the virus from its sleep !! they said that virus are sleeping in most people, it is just waiting something to make it active.

thanks kent for you wish, i am better now by about 20% from the fifth capsule.

It was good you went to your Doctor Zak. I am glad you are seeing benefits from the treatment already!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast