Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Montague Keen

Montague Keen

"You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

The Irish thing baffles me. There is no evidence of a Bronze-Age literary culture, or finely engineered stone monuments such as we see in the Middle East, or Mayan South America.

I search in vain for sources of this material, other than Michael Tsarion.

Charles

I do agree, he has a one-track mind concerning Ireland.

But, to me, it's interesting.

I was raised Catholic.

Where would Christianity be without the concept of Original Sin?

It has always seemed to me that most of the people who act badly, do so because, survival is so hard for them.

And, humans are born with the drive to survive.

Is it their fault that their strongest drive is to survive, and that when they are in a life and death competition with many others at the bottom to do so, they act worse than they would like to?

In my opinion, Christianity reverses the situation - people are born bad and deserve nothing good.

If your life seems very hard and unfair, are you less likely to rebel if you believe you deserve it?

Could Original Sin actually be only a control mechanism?

The idea resonates with me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And, as I said before, I think the concept of Original Sin exonerates God.

The idea is that life was wonderful for all humanoids and animals, before Adam and Eve.

But, who believes that?

Additionally, how am I guilty and deserving of a miserable life and eternal punishment in Hell, because of what two people did 300 generations ago?

Again, I'm seeing an attempt at control.

What is more frightening than ETERNAL misery after death?

If they believed it was true, how many people would do anything to avoid it?

What power would accrue to the manipulators?

What if everyone said, "I think Hell was invented to concentrate power in a tiny group of people, so 'F'-you."?

That's the appeal I see in the galactic channeling stuff, it says we're good and have been deceived.

"You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

Last edited by danbaron; 17-01-2012 at 07:38.

I know that you were shocked, my dear, to learn the truth; and just think - you have only just scratched the surface of the dastardly deeds that were done. To learn the truth of the Irish Holocaust shocked many of you, and to think that this was passed off in your history as a "Potato Famine", is just one example of how you have been lied to.
    Wikipedia account of the Great Irish Famine and its causes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_(Ireland)

Cecil Woodham-Smith, an authority on the Irish Famine, wrote in The Great Hunger; Ireland 1845–1849 that no issue has provoked so much anger and embittered relations between England and Ireland as "the indisputable fact that huge quantities of food were exported from Ireland to England throughout the period when the people of Ireland were dying of starvation." Ireland remained a net exporter of food throughout most of the five-year famine.[fn 4]
    Christine Kinealy writes that Irish exports of calves, livestock (except pigs), bacon and ham actually increased during the famine. The food was shipped under guard from the most famine-stricken parts of Ireland. However, the poor had no money to buy food and the government then did not ban exports.[66]

Last edited by Charles Pegge; 31-01-2012 at 13:32.

Resources may be abundantly available.

But, it doesn't matter, if a tiny minority owns them, and, uses them according to its whim, and, without negative consequence.

I suspect that, similarly, today, resources exist to greatly improve the lives of the vast majority of the planet's people.

But, the distribution of wealth is such that, a tiny minority is able to prevent, and is preventing such an improvement.

I think this tiny minority currently acts with impunity.

As the Potato Famine showed, genocide can occur, while those in power, argue about what should be done to remedy it.

The main problem I see is that those in power are all, basically part of the same group - those in power.

They are unaffected by the suffering of the people whose fates they decide.

So, if they do nothing at all, and therefore, many needlessly die, each side in the argument can and does blame the other side.

But, ultimately all sides doing the arguing are the same side, the ones who prosper at the expense of everyone else.

(I knew approximately zero about the Potato Famine. It is still amazing to me what those with power, especially generational power, will permit the powerless to suffer. Such narcissism, I find difficult to comprehend. And since, I find narcissism to be a distorted belief about oneself, it seems to me that such people are not intelligent enough to see through their own delusion, or, lack human empathy, i.e., are psychopathic. Either way, they always find endless ways to rationalize, to justify, to blame the victims for, conditions as they currently exist.)

(I wonder how much longer it will be before the British people decide that their, "Royals", should not receive any preferential treatment whatsoever. On that day, I think the royalty will become not more than strange, inbred people, wearing funny costumes. (And let me know if you think Harry contains even one molecule of Charles' DNA. But, I don't hear one word about it - is that weird, or, is it just me?))

Last edited by danbaron; 01-02-2012 at 18:25.

Some other mass evictions being perpetrated by the aristocracy in Britain around this period:

The Highland Clearances

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances

The Inclosure Acts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inclosure_Acts

1/2 hour video

This half hour video is very enlightening in showing how corrupt the US and World Governments have become. How Capitalism has been replaced by Corporatism and Monopolistic monstrosities. It all comes together with high tech Northern California fighting with Old Oligarchical Southern California... Hollywood vs Silicon Valley. I have never heard of this guy, but he is a breathe of fresh air telling how things are today.

Lou Dobbs was a CNN anchor that I trusted, but he asked too many questions that CNN didn't like I guess and he was retired early. And the only on air guy now that I trust is Judge Napolitano. Many times you see his show on youtube with comments like "I don't know how he was able to say what he just said... and how it got aired." He tells it like it is and how much of the constitution has been stepped on disgracefully. Now at least there is another voice. I wonder how many homes get RT in the US? I don't have a TV anymore and just get my entertainment and news from the internet.

http://www.realecontv.com/videos/med...s-america.html
    Last edited by kryton9; 02-02-2012 at 06:49.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.