I'll be happy if we all can meet in a better place than this.

Say we are two dimensional, and live on a sheet of paper. Then, we would be unable to imagine a third spatial dimension. We couldn't imagine a direction perpendicular to the sheet. But, unknown to us, our sheet could be in a huge stack of sheets. All we would have to do is to move the thickness of one sheet perpendicularly to the stack, and, we would be in what for us would be, a completely different universe. And, actually, since the sheets are two dimensional, they would have zero thickness, so if we moved any distance greater than zero in the perpendicular direction, we would be in a completely different place.

When you are a tyrant and you can't scare a group of people into submission, then, that group is a threat to you.

I remember that Nero used Christians as human torches. I think he had them tied to poles, covered with pitch, and ignited. He and his court would see them burning nearby, from his gardens at night.

It seems to me that a person who is secure in his beliefs, would not react antagonistically to someone who expresses the possibility of an alternative theory.

Would Newton have become angry if someone denied the existence of gravity?

Would Einstein have become angry if someone said the theory of relativity is wrong?

Would Andrew Wiles become angry if someone said he had found an exception to Fermat's Last Theorem?

I think that, for instance, with respect to Christianity, some Christians become angry because, they base everything on the Bible. If someone says, "I think the Bible was written by people, who were not divinely inspired.", then, how can they respond? They can insult the person, and try to intimidate him, but, they cannot prove he is wrong. So, I think that sometimes, the result is true hatred. Some people cannot tolerate uncertainty.

The more you invest in a particular theory, the more you will feel threatened when its validity is legitimately challenged. But, some are courageous enough to value truth above all else, no matter how painful doing that may be.

I'll say it again, some people cannot tolerate uncertainty. I think those are the ones who become fanatical about a particular belief system.

Additionally, in my opinion, a fanatical Christian, had he been born in Saudi Arabia, would instead be a fanatical Muslim.