Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ThinBASIC flavoured robo-invitation

Have you noticed any signs of Advee self-programming recently - a tendency to disobey orders?
    Since the beginning of the project

Thanks a lot for the radio link. The voice you hear at 0:43:21 is Advee's one, and as the moderator talks later, you can hear the robot speaking in the background.

The beast is out of cage each day till 4 PM. So far everything allright, the friend from London sent me photo of robotic hospital the organisers prepaired.

Petr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Pegge View Post
    Well done Petr.

Best of luck for you and your team's brain-child! I only regret I live some 300 miles West of London, but I hope we get to hear about Advee on the media.

Charles
    "I live some 300 miles West of London" - That mean Ireland?

Lance

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber View Post
    Since the beginning of the project

Thanks a lot for the radio link. The voice you hear at 0:43:21 is Advee's one, and as the moderator talks later, you can hear the robot speaking in the background.

The beast is out of cage each day till 4 PM. So far everything allright, the friend from London sent me photo of robotic hospital the organisers prepaired.

Petr
    It is a great achievement!

Would the robotic hospital be manned (sorry robotted) by robots?

Lance

Not quite Ireland, Lance.

Fishguard is one of the main ports for Ireland, and the crossing to Rosslaire is about 50 miles on the other side of the Irish sea. I hear the rumble of the Ferry's engines as I write.

Robots would not be safe in our damp salty atmosphere. Does the robot hospital offer effective treatments for rust?

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Pegge View Post
    Not quite Ireland, Lance.

Fishguard is one of the main ports for Ireland, and the crossing to Rosslaire is about 50 miles on the other side of the Irish sea. I hear the rumble of the Ferry's engines as I write.

Robots would not be safe in our damp salty atmosphere. Does the robot hospital offer effective treatments for rust?

Charles
    Thanks for the information. I had never heard of Fishguard before, or of the battle of Fisguard where the french tried to invade in 1797 (the last time foreign soldiers actually landed in the UK).

What is the Silicon equivalent of rust?

Lance

This invasion was something of a farce. Perhaps they thought the Welsh would join forces with Napoleon against the English.

Rusty Silicon? I suppose that must be Silicon Dioxide (Quartz)
    Last edited by Charles Pegge; 01-12-2011 at 16:23.

This morning on the BBC News the Robot Exhibition at the Science Museum was featured. Sadly Advee wasn't mentioned but you can watch the report here on the BBC Website.

Thanks Matthew,

well, the problem might be that Advee is present mainly in the entrance part - he is not here as exhibit, but as a worker.
    He has map of the museum inside, some quiz and such. Although he moves in the environment completely autonomously, he has no other moving parts (except printer) to be "curious child proof". This fact might make him less attractive for photographers, but from our point of view this simplicity minimizes the risk of something broken.

I found Advee for 3 seconds on this video:
    http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/cu...lation-20.html

(worth to see whole, iCub looks great, Advee since 02:00)

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 02-12-2011 at 14:05.
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Who's voice was that when Advee appeared Petr?

Well, Advee's voice The black elipses on sides of his head are actually speakers, so he can talk (and does all the time).

Advee can work both in speech synthesis mode, and in dubbed mode. The second one is better and it is the one used on most events, including the London, because it adds a lot to robots "personality".
    We didn't wanted the stereotypical "robotic" voice, both because you cannot listen to it for too long (we tried), and also because with unique voice the bot is more memorable.
    Advees voice (~1000 generic sounds + any number of even specific) is dubbed by Tom Frgala (to czech, slovak, english and german). Tom is both a doctor and rock star at the same time He is now into more metal side of music as well, you can see him singing here:

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 08-12-2011 at 11:33.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.