Thread: learning python?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

learning python?

http://python.org/
    http://www.python.org/getit/

Is there any interest for thinbasic user to learn python or using it for thinbasic? I have no experience with that object oriented scripting language, but I am interested in learning python.

new edit: I saw at another board, that syntax of python language is like horrible one, so I don't think it's a good idea for going on with that language here.

bye, largo
    Last edited by largo_winch; 25-11-2011 at 16:21.

Python can be extremely useful once you've learnt how to use it.

About a year ago I made this post on my blog where I used Python to create a small OpenGL app.

I dont like python at all,many resons....ahhhOne of them is that ,that i don't see any good reason why use python over any other good programming language around.Only one case - maybe if you have in plan to be linux user, but just maybe...Another ugly fact is - python users hate BASIC as programming language and think that BASIC is only a toy language.What a lie !One language which i tried few days back is REXX and i can say that this language is very very cool for me.

Another ugly fact is - python users hate BASIC as programming language and think that BASIC is only a toy language.
    I would love to know where you get your demographics and facts from.

Python is a good scripting language with a large following. It's earned it's place on the shelf and is much better than PHP if I had to choose. I'm more than happy with ScriptBasic as my scripting engine so Python, PHP and Perl are just languages I used to run open source applications, (forums, wikis, blogs, ...) not develop in them.
    ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

I only know that python is scripting language (or plugin) for blender 3d or other important 3d animation programs since around two, three years. there might be enough power for this language and it's famous amoung users there I know from other students here at university. but I cannot imagine if there's a big sense to convert (mothy python's) python to thinbasic. I see no big interest here at this forum (my opinion). nice week, regards, -lydia
    hasta la vida

Hi,

forget Phyton, soon is Christmas and you can get another language instead of Phyton horror.
    trust in Santa Claus!