Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: calendar examples

calendar examples

hello dear thinbasic! I've downloaded thinbasic version 1.8.9.0 yesterday. Lot of things have changed (forum update, I like it!) and became much more professional as a lot of new examples on sample script folders. Now I am looking for an example how I could start with a calendar (listview?) and pictures as thumbnails for a christmas calendar for my friend. I would see some links or examples I can choose for a good start. saludos, lydia
    hasta la vida

Hi
    using google, there is an old excellent example by sandyrepope here
    http://www.thinbasic.com/community/s...lendar-program
    unfortunately it works in thinBasic_1.4.0.1 but not on the current version, i have added Michael correction about Line 224, and correcting mod usage from myYear mod 4 to mod(myYear, 4) the same for all other mod occurences.
    there are other suggestions at the above link.
    attached sandyrepope corrected slightly for the TB version 1.8.9

about thumbnails look at the new undocumented yet GDIp module example "C:\thinBasic\SampleScripts\GDIp\GDIp_LoadImage.tbasic" it display 5 big images as thumbnails. your job is to cook the GDIp example with the calendar example to provide something new.
    calendar.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zak; 04-11-2011 at 16:12.

thank you zak for calendar example. but can you send the fixed version? I have had problems with call back part to update to thinbasic 1.8.9.0. lydia
    hasta la vida

thinBasic MVPs
    Here is an updated version but it still needs some work to bring it more up to date.

Images could be added using the IMAGECTX control or XPBUTTONS
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

I'm sitting in internet cafe and check you example this evening, after my job. thank you michael for your example!

question: my new member status is deactivated, why? - What is "reputation" and I can spend it for another guys they are helping at the board too like it was possible with old thinbasic forum? some infos can help.

lydia
    Last edited by lydia_sp; 10-11-2011 at 11:09.
    hasta la vida

Hi Lydia,

Quote Originally Posted by lydia_sp View Post
    my new member status is deactivated, why?
    Where do you see that?

What is "reputation" and I can spend it for another guys they are helping at the board too like it was possible with old thinbasic forum? some infos can help.
    You can use the little star below the post you think need a reputation change, see attached image.
    Than comments go into user profile reputation area

Ciao
    Eros
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

thinBasic MVPs
    question: my new member status is deactivated, why?

lydia
    The member status is based on number of posts and possibly joining date ( is that correct Eros? )

Regards

Mike
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

I noticed only the missing "green lamp" below "member", other guys they are new (new member) have this one. so it cannot depend on number of messages at board. perhaps it's technology problem of updating profile from old thinbasic forum to new thinbasic forum. the talking club (shout box area) here is very active last week and month, but I am missing "programming club" about thinbasic language. as I left forum last year there were more threads about thinbasic programming examples. I managed in summer the pre-diplom in it-communication-and-advertisement (studying). well, have a good time, eros and michael all other good guys, lydia
    Last edited by lydia_sp; 12-11-2011 at 13:49.
    hasta la vida

Lydia,

you asked about how to give reputation points to Mike, I showed you but you didn't give any positive feedback to Mike.

I've rebuilt User Reputation and now your green lamp seems ok, so your idea seems the correct one

Regarding talking and programming, as I wrote into another post recently "My thought is that talking about programming for programming between programmers is a very limited situation and will for sure bring to a very limited forum"

Good luck for your studying.
    Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

hi eros, talking about programming language is intersting thing. but I meant more "thinbasic examples" (module, helps, tricks) and working with thinbasic here at forum. relationship of thinbasic examples of user's at the board to examples to the new "talking club" (shout box area) about social + science + all day stuffs don't look good for me (that's my private opinion) it looks like 1:20. I've updated michaels rep. but I wish to update the calendar example with correct callbacks and tbmain() functions for it, greetings, lydia
    hasta la vida

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast