Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pb ide

Pb ide

I am now using PBCC6.

I wonder why it seems (at least to me) that the IDE never changes.

Here are three things I don't like.

1) There is zero space between the beginning of a line of code and the left edge of the window.

2) You do not have the option of displaying line numbers (at least I can't find it).

3) In the "Replace" dialog, there is no option to do the replacement only in the selected text.

I guess there must be some reason for keeping the IDE so simple, but, I would refer to it as a skeleton IDE.

Last edited by danbaron; 29-09-2011 at 12:40.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

try SED Editor 1.16 (Public domain) here:
    http://www.jose.it-berater.org/
    go down the page to SED Editor 1.16 (Public domain)
    i have used the sed editor for thinbasic somewhere on this forum and it is good so i think the same for powerbasic, you may need to tell the editor where is the pb compiler in the options or setting.
    Last edited by zak; 29-09-2011 at 14:09.

There is an update to sed -> csed for PBCC 6 and PbWin 10.

http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=4153.0

J
    ames

Thanks guys.

I got SED 1.16.

Maybe it is better.

I'll have to get used to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that John and I independently came to the same conclusion concerning the state of the IDE.

I also cannot understand the thinking at PowerBasic, which would cause users to feel forced to make their own one.

(It's hard to be the only person (actually, not the only person - Google "powerbasic", and look near the top of the search page) complaining about something, but that doesn't mean you're wrong, right?)

Dan

Last edited by danbaron; 30-09-2011 at 08:08.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

I much prefer they spend most of their time at what they do best: compiler development.
    I have never used the editors ( PBCC or PBWin ) and I go back to the beginnings.
    The combination of recently update Lynx and CSED works fine for me.
    I also use RadAsm3 quite a lot also.
    James

This will be my last post here. If I can't state my opinion without having PowerBASIC (Zale) bully Eros into deleting my posts then this is a waste of my time. Everything I have posted in reference to PB is true and indisputable.

I hope Eros wises up and cuts the apron strings from PB or his users base will continue to decrease.
    ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

the site: http://basic.mindteq.com/index.php/i...tid=40:reviews
    gives powerbasic 4.5 stars from 5 , and the overall opinions in the discussions in that page are in favour of powerbasic, someone complain from the ide but he admits the excellence of this language.
    the last reviewer said "All COM based programes will not work on future Windows 8." : Eros you have tried windows 8 can you comment on this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Spikowski View Post
    This will be my last post here. If I can't state my opinion without having PowerBASIC (Zale) bully Eros into deleting my posts then this is a waste of my time. Everything I have posted in reference to PB is true and indisputable.

I hope Eros wises up and cuts the apron strings from PB or his users base will continue to decrease.
    No one has asked me anything.

I've not deleted any of your posts, I've just moderated (hidden) one of your post in which you didn't remain technical but you commented with personal hate.
    And you do that almost every time there is "PowerBasic" inside a post. I'm pretty tired about that.

Remain technical and no one will moderate you.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by zak View Post
    the site: http://basic.mindteq.com/index.php/i...tid=40:reviews
    gives powerbasic 4.5 stars from 5 , and the overall opinions in the discussions in that page are in favour of powerbasic, someone complain from the ide but he admits the excellence of this language.
    the last reviewer said "All COM based programes will not work on future Windows 8." : Eros you have tried windows 8 can you comment on this.
    I have to say that I didn't test PowerBasic under Windows 8 but I tested thinBasic 1.8.9 (quite a bit) under Windows 8.
    thinBasic 1.8.9 is working fine under Windows 8. thinBasic 1.8.9 is almost 99% developed using PB905 I assume (but not tested) PB905 will work under Windows 8.

I will make some tests during the week-end and let you know.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

And you do that almost every time there is "PowerBasic" inside a post.
    Jose Roca is more married to PB then you and he doesn't hide posts when a confrontation thread with Zale exists on his forum. (see Brice's series of posts)

If your forum users complain about my post then I would fully understand you deleting posts I may create. You have all my respect as a developer but protecting PB when Zale is able to defend his own product is being a bit too loyal. (turning into a Theo) . I have never seen Zale come to thinBasic's defense on any forum.
    ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast