Thread: Minimal example of module class

Lightbulb Minimal example of module class

As the ThinBASIC 1.8.8.0 introduced the module class concept, and some users start to experiment with it, I attach here very simple example of module exposing class.

• The PowerBASIC module code, contained in thinBasic_Vector3D.bas, defines the Vector3D class with constructor, destructor and single "normal" method, called ToString
    • The ThinBASIC test code, represented by thinBasic_Vector3D_Test.tBasic, shows how to instantiate and use the created object

It is very simple project just to demonstrate few important steps in module class creation:
    • creating internal COM representation
    • creating visible interface to it via thinBasic_Class* SDK functions
    • creating wrapper functions/subs for methods, taking care of instantiation, release and parameter parsing (same as in normal modules)

Petr
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 03-07-2011 at 11:48.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Thanks Petr.
    Can you do MSVC same or other minimal example for module class? Perhaps FreeBASIC?

Hi Maxim,

I am sadly not familiar with C or FreeBASIC approach to create COM classes, maybe other guys will know better.
    I know that you can create classic modules (without classes) quite easily with FB, C (as seen in ThinBASIC/SDK samples), but the classes are new thing to the SDK, so no examples are present at the moment.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Thanks Petr.
    One of the guys you advise?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.