Thread: O2 thinBasic

O2 thinBasic

*** deleted ***
    Last edited by John Spikowski; 18-09-2013 at 17:45.
    ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Thanks John for letting me (and other) knows about Oxygen. I'm really happy for Charles.
    He deserve a great respect for his fantastic job and his generosity in releasing all his work as source code.

On the other hand, I'm very happy with PowerBasic, its power, its stability, its development progression.
    Recent PowerBasic OOP has open so many development possibilities I will take many years before exhausting them.

thinBasic will follow his road as intermediate language able to take advance of all the worlds of compiled languages.
    This (of course) as far as I will be permitted to do. If not I will take my decisions.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by John Spikowski View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't know about www.oxygenbasic.org having worked so closely with Charles for so many years
    The only thing I'm sure is that you do not know what I know or what I do not know.
    For the rest ... we can discuss.
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

thinBasic MVPs

Question Let's not let the truth get in the way

your users would no longer have to buy a commercial Basic compiler to extend your Basic with custom modules. (once again in 32/64 bit flavors)

John
    For the benefit of anyone not familiar with TB this statement is incorrect, I've(plus others) have used visual studio in its various flavours, free basic and er O2 basic.

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

I just assumed that thinBasic being written in PowerBASIC required the same for extensions.
    Also this is not true.
    It require any kind of Windows compiler able create DLLs and able to call functions from external DLLs
    Just to list few: PowerBasic, FreeBasic, Oxygen, Visual C/C++, Delphi, FreePascal, ...

Hi John,

Eros has some very interesting development for thinBasic modules in the pipeline, and we do confer about the interface quite a lot. I hope creating O2 modules for thinBasic with the new OOP features will be an agreeable experience as with other languages.

Charles
    Last edited by Charles Pegge; 11-12-2011 at 02:34.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.