Thread: Man and machine must merge

Man and machine must merge

Thanks Charles!

This gives me new hope how I may be able to help Athena with the brain damage from anoxic events she experienced from her H1N1 battle.

John
    ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Hi John,

This is the radio broadcast I heard this morning. Prof Kevin wants to go for a brain implant in a few year's time. This is more risky so he is waiting until retirement. This is really er .. cutting edge technology!

"The choice" BBC radio 4 09:05 14/06/2011
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007vrr0

Charles

I think this work is important and it was an interesting video. But some funny thoughts came to my mind while watching.

First, he didn't need to get an implant in his arm to control the robot... a glove with sensors works better, at least the way he was doing it. It would have been better if the implant was in someone without a hand to see if they could control it.

Second, his wife didn't need to get an implant just so he could tell she was using her hands... she could of just given him some light slaps on the side of the head and he would get a better signal

The rat's brain robot, now that's a good start.

if this merging extends to brain, there is a great danger that the man may lose his entity to another entity with the first man-1 memories; this means man-1 practically have died but secretly. he crawls out of existence without leaving any trace, without funeral, without Church ceremony, and without a grave.

and since the biology until now can't decide what parts in the brain makes the specific entity for a person, i will not agree to add any additions to my brain circuits to enhance its functions.
    this entity is what distinguish every living being from the other, and even it is more bizarre than the problem of consciousness, and the life and death have meaning only in relation with entity problem.
    i read somewhere about the brain surgery in which the doctors make a decision to cut the nerves between the two halves of the brain as the only way to cure the patient. they noticed that the patient behaves as if he is another person; but they will never know for sure who is this person.
    Last edited by zak; 15-06-2011 at 14:57.

if this merging extends to brain, there is a great danger that the man may lose his entity to another entity with the first man-1 memories; this means man-1 practically have died but secretly. he crawls out of existence without leaving any trace, without funeral, without Church ceremony, and without a grave.
    Discovery of the elusive soul.
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Discovery of the elusive soul.
    something like that John, but from a very remote place.
    this is a known problem in philosophy from the old times.
    alas this subject is impossible to describe, it is an every person endeavor.
    some links usefull while browsing :
    1- 3D movie reveals how brain loses consciousness :
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/...ciousness.html
    2- Stephen Hawking Rejects Heaven calls it a fairy story:
    http://singularityhub.com/2011/06/13...y-story-video/
    no Dr Hawking, it is much more than a fairy tale, the fairy tale is trivial and kids play compared to reality. alas the too clever persons track of mental activity are not the same as the reality track. this is a kind of cheating .any way i wish medicine can cure Hawking from his "motor neurone disease".

any way i wish medicine can cure Hawking from his "motor neurone disease".
    I have the same wish for my daughter Athena and she will overcome her neural disabilities due to anoxia.
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

The effects of Anoxia is similar to a stroke. The brain of a younger person has greater capacity for building new pathways around the damage. I hope this is the case for Athena.

Cochlear implants are the nearest thing we have to a direct brain implant so far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochlear_implant

Charles