Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer Sound

My computer is an "emachine", from Wal-Mart.

The "acer" LCD monitor was separate.

I connected the two speakers that came with the computer. I like the fact that because they are USB, they turn on and off with the computer. It's not so bad being able to hear the various sounds, as long as I keep the volume low. I guess I am not as much against sound as I was.

Concerning input devices, I have tried a lot. For a long time I used trackballs, and, overall I liked them. I also tried touch-pads. I wanted them to be good, but, to be honest, I think they should be bigger. Now, I just use the mechanical mouse that came with the computer. It works fine, and it is easy to clean. I can't say that I have found optical or laser mice to be better.

"You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

The mechanical mouse was made by a caveman.
    To be modern, use a optical or a laser mouse.
    Here you can see what your mouse has eaten.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had a Microsoft wireless laser mouse.

It worked OK.

Then, I upgraded my OS from Vista to Windows 7.

During the upgrade, Windows told me that my mouse was not compatible with Windows 7. No information about updating my driver, nothing - just basically, "You can't use this Microsoft wireless laser mouse (which is less than one year old) with Windows 7, sorry. But, why don't you buy a new Microsoft wireless laser mouse, that will work with Windows 7, today?!".

It doesn't surprise me one bit.

(Additionally, it is interesting to me that many victims of Microsoft, defend it. I guess that phenomenon is another instance, of the manifestation of the Stockholm Syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Similarly, you can also see it in Libya, now, where many people love their dictator of over 40 years, Moammar Gadhafi. (You wouldn't believe that the bulk of humanity could be so stupid, unless you witnessed it daily, right?))

Last edited by danbaron; 16-03-2011 at 21:49.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

I had the same problem with a microsoft joystick a few years back. Too bad it was a nice joystick, but the newer ms operating system did not like it they never put out a driver for it. Been a very happy Logitech User ever since for my joysticks and gamepads.

The new mice are very nice Dan. Old mechanical mice were cool for their time, but once you use optical and laser, no comparison.

Wacom also makes now affordable tablet input devices. I am thinking of getting one for drawing with, but they have one for just controlling input too.
    http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/multi_touch.php

It looks pretty good, Kent.

I am tempted.

We'll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12