Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D Mandelbrot Set

The aff matrix was designed to hold the rotation matrix... it starts out as the identity matrix, but then gets manipulated by various rotations and is then used to display the graphics object in a trackball orientation.

That was in the original OpenGL/GLUT program... in C. The concept was not developed by me, but by the wizards at the University of Illinois (George Francis, Stuart Levy, and others). The chaptrack function does the main matrix "stuff" and then prior to rendering, there are a couple of matrix commands to make everything work properly. I have translated the C code into Python, FreeBasic, and PowerBasic with success (although Python is slow!).

It was my hope to translate this trackball rotation to thinBasic, but so far I've had issues and I think it is because I (we) are mixing OpenGL with TBGL and the two are "fighting" with each other a bit (of course, I may be incorrect!).

The best solution would probably be to translate everything into native TBGL and thinBasic, but I don't have the skills yet.

Anyway... this is fun!

Stan

Thank you Petr for solving the problem, i begin to despair from showing at least the graphic dots. congratulation on the robots project and for returning home
    best wishes
    zak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12