Thread: New forum feature: Blogs

New forum feature: Blogs

Thanks to new forum, I have activated a new feature that I hope many of you will use (and I will too): Blogs. See top menu for the link.

Here below a brief description (taken from vBulletin material) on what are vBulletin Blogs and how to personalize them.

Hope you will like this new possibility.

----------

BLOG FEATURES
    vBulletin Blog makes it simple for community members to create their own space within the community. Getting started is as simple as posting the first message. There is no lengthy setup process - blog owners are free to personalise their blog at any time by defining a title and a description that will appear at the top of every blog post.

Fully Featured
    It is a feature-rich blog application, with support for fully formatted WYSIWYG posts, attachments, comments, track backs and ping backs, draft posts and categories, as well as seamless integration with the overall vBulletin system.

Blog Home Page
    Available via a single click from any vBulletin page, the blog home page aggregates activity from all member blogs into a single page – with information about the most recent and highest rated blog posts, recent comments, a featured blog post (selected by the administrator or at random), full support for browsing posts by date and overall blogging statistics.

Syndication and Subscriptions
    Site wide and per-blog RSS feeds allow syndication to external readers, and full support for vBulletin subscriptions enables users to join their favorite blogs and receive regular email updates.

Profile Support
    Member blogs are integrated with the vBulletin profile system – profile information is displayed alongside blog posts, and existing profile pages are enhanced with information about blog activity.

Blog Control Panel
    The Blog Control Panel empowers members to control every aspect of their blogs, from permission controls (who has access to view and comment on the blog), to full management of blog categories, draft posts, trackbacks/pingbacks and subscriptions. Blog owners also have the ability to moderate comments on their own blog.

Full Control
    Integration with the vBulletin usergroups permission system allows site owners to regulate which users are able to create blogs, and enhancements to the vBulletin admin control panel give administrators total control over the whole system.

Fully Customizable
    Blog utilises the powerful vBulletin templating system, and will automatically inherit styles and color-schemes from the forums, for total out-the-box integration.

Anti-Spam
    Full support for the Akismet anti-spam service stamps out comment spam.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Smile Articles Vs. Blogs

I noticed on my profile page there are two links, one for blogs and one for articles. Are they the same?

Mark

No they are not the same.

Blogs
    Blogs are handled under top button "Blogs"
    Blogs are personal so you can create and they goes directly online.
    Articles
    Articles are handled under top button "Home"
    Articles are more general and moderated by admin and/or super moderators.
    People can create articles going into "Home" and than check upper right the option "Create article"

Creation of an article is an open option for all registered users but you cannot publish them until admin and/or super moderators have checked it and approved.

When you create an article, admin is warned by a mail so he (me) knows.

Articles are organized into category and sub-categories. I still have to create a complete hierarchy. Suggestions are welcome.
    Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000