Thread: World's most extreme speed camera

World's most extreme speed camera

Re: World's most extreme speed camera

[font=courier new][size=8pt]How long before we can just get into the car, select the destination, and then go to sleep until we arrive?

In that case, dangerous-driving violations would become extinct.

---------------------------------------------

I'm certain that freight haulers would love to eliminate their drivers. (That's what American politicians never talk about - the fact that computerization and mechanization have the potential of eliminating almost every job. The right wing politicians will never say it, but, their actions indicate that as the number of jobs continually decreases, those who no longer can find work and have been unable to adequately save, should quietly starve to death. The potential for permanent job elimination extends into every area. (Just think about the possibilities in information technology.) In this country I have noticed how uncaring many people are, that is, until it is their own job that is gone. Then, their outrage, hatred, and obsession for vengeance, are unbounded.)

You notice that like with this traffic monitoring device, the good jobs now are in developing computerized devices that do what people previously did. It reminds me of cannibalism. I can envision a time when the largest corporation will have no employees at all, only machines. A tiny tiny minority will live in ultra-protected mega-wealth. Everyone else will kill each other with rocks and sticks, in the struggle for the most primitive survival.

We are living in an age of hyper technological advancement, with no concomitant provisions made for most of humanity, which will no longer be able to work in order to procure money. The fight now is to be one of those whose job it is to eliminate the jobs of others, and not to be one of those whose job is eliminated. The problem for the eliminators, is that, as time passes, the size of their group keeps shrinking; because, almost by definition, they are cannibals. (It's better to feed people to the tigers, than to be the food, yes?)

Otherwise, everything here on planet Earth, is good.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Pegge
    Reminds me of the movie . (cops scenes)
    ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Quote Originally Posted by danbaron
    [font=courier new][size=8pt]

I'm certain that freight haulers would love to eliminate their drivers. (That's what American politicians never talk about - the fact that computerization and mechanization have the potential of eliminating almost every job. The right wing politicians will never say it, but, their actions indicate that as the number of jobs continually decreases, those who no longer can find work and have been unable to adequately save, should quietly starve to death. The potential for permanent job elimination extends into every area. (Just think about the possibilities in information technology.) In this country I have noticed how uncaring many people are, that is, until it is their own job that is gone. Then, their outrage, hatred, and obsession for vengeance, are unbounded.)

You notice that like with this traffic monitoring device, the good jobs now are in developing computerized devices that do what people previously did. It reminds me of cannibalism. I can envision a time when the largest corporation will have no employees at all, only machines. A tiny tiny minority will live in ultra-protected mega-wealth. Everyone else will kill each other with rocks and sticks, in the struggle for the most primitive survival.

We are living in an age of hyper technological advancement, with no concomitant provisions made for most of humanity, which will no longer be able to work in order to procure money. The fight now is to be one of those whose job it is to eliminate the jobs of others, and not to be one of those whose job is eliminated. The problem for the eliminators, is that, as time passes, the size of their group keeps shrinking; because, almost by definition, they are cannibals. (It's better to feed people to the tigers, than to be the food, yes?)

Otherwise, everything here on planet Earth, is good.
    I understand your concern. But look at it another way and you will see that your jobless future couldn't result in only a few wealthy people and the rest starving. People don't become waelthy by making things - even by making things cheaply. If you just make things you are merely using up your resources and creating a pile of things to place in a ware house. People actually become wealthy by selling things. So they depend on a market that buys the things they make or the things they import. The market is made up mostly of people who earn salaries. Ergo if there is no-one earning a salary then there will be no-one (or very few) to buy the things that are made or imported. Ergo a jobless future is one wehere everyone will starve, even the mega rich. So it is in the interest of every rich man to make sure that the bulk of the possible market for his or her product earns an income. Of course it will be better for the very rich man if someone else employs the people (perhaps the state through the dole) because the salaries of people employed by the rich man will have to be deducted from earnings. But without a market made up mostly of people who earn wages or salaries the flow of money will stop and everyone (even the rich man) will starve.

Lance

[font=courier new][size=8pt]What you say makes sense to me, Lance.

But, I think that most people in power positions don't worry about the "big picture".

They have to be "hit over the head" by painful reality, before anything changes.

The result is often misery for many people over many years.

Dan
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields