View Poll Results: Should I make iPhone, iPad, iTouch Utilities?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I make iPhone and iTouch Utilities?

Should I make iPhone and iTouch Utilities?

Will it be OK I did make iTouch, iPad, iPhone Utilities?
    Windows 7 Home Premium, Toshiba Satellite A505, Intel Core i3 CPU @ 2.13 GHZ, 4.00 GB Memory, 64-Bit OS

thinBasic MVPs

Re: Should I make iPhone and iTouch Utilities?

What do you know about app dev on the Apple range?

Do you own a Mac ?
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Yes, iMac Snow Leopard 10.6. I dont have the SDK, but I know a lot about iDevices. I was going to make utilities like troubleshooting, help, software info, hardware info, etc...
    Windows 7 Home Premium, Toshiba Satellite A505, Intel Core i3 CPU @ 2.13 GHZ, 4.00 GB Memory, 64-Bit OS

Do you want to create these with thinBasic? If yes, I would like to know how you want to integrate them. As I am on a Mac too I could help testing.

Michael, did you mean create the applications in mac os x? I thought ThinAIR was only for windows

No, I ment how do you want to use your windows app for Iphone dev? I am curious about this as I do IDev myself with various tools.

thinBasic MVPs

Mike I recently got an iPhone 4 and the urge to write programs for it but then discovered I needed a mac to write apps but I have heard of a hackintosh in vmware but not see anything concrete.

I also think you have to signup to apple for $99 a year unless you jailbreak :0)
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Yes, you have to spend some money to get into it. I can't tell you if you can use the 3rd party hardware to develop for it.

Right now I use Corona SDK a lot for it. That gives me the best for the money. But it is Mac only too.

No, i didnt mean to make apps for the idevices. I meant was making iPhone, iTouch, iPad utilities for windows. Like creating custom ipsw, editing plist files, just iOS stuff...

Personally I would not need programs like this as OSC and XCode provides everything I need. But if you want to create programs like that... why not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast