Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TBGL - Support not available from Petr [16.9/2010 - 18.9/2010]

TBGL - Support not available from Petr [16.9/2010 - 18.9/2010]

Hi guys!,

I would like to report that I might not be able to provide support for TBGL during the 16.9 - 18.9 (not sure if internet access will be available).

Why? I will be speaker on robotics conference() "Robotics in Education 2010", presenting the precomputed scan matching technique on the GPU.
    It is the approach I first developed using ThinBASIC and OpenCL (bringing 40x speed boost even with low end GPU), and I will also underline that fact during the speech, so it could raise some interest in ThinBASIC hopefully. There will be some ThinBASIC TBGL renderings shown as well.

Have a nice time here!,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Re: TBGL - Support not available from Petr [16.9/2010 - 18.9/2010]

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    Hi guys!,

I would like to report that I might not be able to provide support for TBGL during the 16.9 - 18.9.

Why? I will be speaker on robotics conference() "Robotics in Education 2010", presenting the precomputed scan matching technique on the GPU.
    It is the approach I first developed using ThinBASIC and OpenCL (bringing 40x speed boost even with low end GPU), and I will also underline that fact during the speech, so it could raise some interest in ThinBASIC hopefully. There will be some ThinBASIC TBGL renderings shown as well.

Have a nice time here!,
    Petr
    Couldn't you be replaced at the conference by a Robot? :-)

Lance

I am afraid after my performance, everyone will agree the robot would be better choice

Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I hope your presentation is well received Petr. Bratislava looks like a great venue. My friends enjoyed their visit to this city a few years ago. It has a vibrant arts scene.

Now if you made a perfect robotic replica of yourself, would there be quantum entanglement - so you could in effect be in two places at the same time?

Charles

Have a nice trip and conference Petr! Will the presentation be taped and put on the web?
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Have a nice trip Petr and take some pictures as well.

Topics

Questions and problems of interest include, but are not restricted to:

* Robotics in School
    * Teaching and training for robotics
    * Robotics Contests
    * Robotics Platforms
    * Clubs and Afterschool Robotics
    * Evaluation and Pilot Studies
    * Didactic Approaches and Materials
    * Web-based Robotics, Simulation
    * Robotics Curriculum
    Hi petr, have a nice and impressive time there in bratislava.

I know a funny history from a robot he could produce own screenplays (criminals, horror,comedy) if you saved up (transmitted with all movie plots) to him/her of last ten years. He/her mixed all contents and the result was a criminal-horror-comedy within half an hour and with over 650 pages of screenplay book. the story wasn't realized yet, but it was a good test to see what happened with this intelligent roboty film guy

for education or teaching I see a lot of good offer to live with robot by daily work. but I cannot see any chance to make substitutes for social relationship between man-woman-kids-grandpa-grandmum. I don't know what's your aim for the future to work with robots or only playing soccer with him? I can imagine there will be a robot how can program a new basic programming language in some hours. would that be funny to make correspondence with a robot at the forum ?

good luck with your presentation, servus, frank
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    I am afraid after my performance, everyone will agree the robot would be better choice

Petr
    I didn't mean to put you down. As someone who teaches the thought that went through my mind was to wonder whether this was a conference about replacing teachers with robots of some kind. Not really a new idea I think - Skinner certainly thought that some kinds of automated programs would work better than humans.

I can't remember exactly when and where but I once read a study of the the impact of presentation on audience perception of paper quality. It involved a lecture on game theory. The author of the a paper on the application of game theory to social psychology was asked to present his work to an audience of graduate students and professionals and they rated him as to the quality of his presentation. In another condition of the experiment they got a professional actor to present a garbled or mixed up version of the paper - mixed up so that it no longer really made sense if you thought about carefully about what was said. Again the actor presented to an audience of graduate students and professionals. Guess what the outcome was? Yes, the actor got much better ratings even though what he presented was nonsense. Ah well, such is the world.

Do hope that you have fun and get good feedback from your colleagues.

Lance

I didn't mean to put you down.
    No problem, I didn't take is in negative way, I am just still scared of what I decided to do

Kent - I am not sure, but if yes, I will review it and if not too scary, I will put link here.

Mike - will do!

Charles, I am not sure I will be able to perform "quantum entanglement", but will try, hehe.

Frank, the plan is world domination of robots (aka rise of the machines) and enslaving the surviving human population.
    Ok, not really I will fill you in once back, now I apologize but have to hurrrrrryy.

Petr

Petr, is the brains behind John Connor in the future. The bender class was replaced by the S series and then by the infamous T series.
    I already placed my order for the Summer Glau model, with the terminate feature turned off.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast