Thread: the miser and the computer

the miser and the computer

before more than 10 years, i was installing software and games on the computer of a miserly and tightfisted man , when he saw me installing many games he asked me with a worry: do you think the computer will be heavier if you install too much soft. i know his psychology so i said to him no , the software is just a magnetic 0 or 1, you will not change the weight of a piece of iron if you magnetized it.
    of course he is right somehow, because you know installing much soft will install much items to the registry and others things, and also making your hard disk head go beween far places on its sectors ... . so the system will be slower over time.
    i remember this story beacause i have noticed some people working in programming have a strange behaviour ... . even if he was able to breathe from one nose slot he will do, securing the other for emergencies. they are leechers only while the others are seeders as the attached picture explained.
    i can't continue writing; can you believe there is a cock nearbye who are crowing 12 hours per day continuosly; i begin to believe he was a singer before being a cock.

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: the miser and the computer

[font=courier new][size=8pt]I guess that some people choose to be that way, some are compelled to be that way, and some partially choose and partially are compelled.

The example of such a man who I can think of, was, Ebeneezer Scrooge. He was a businessman though, not a programmer. He made Bob Cratchit work until 5 PM on Christmas Eve. However, that night Scrooge had a revelation, and he underwent a profound and permanent change for the better. Beginning on Christmas morning, he became loved by his family, employees, and all who knew him, due to his generous spirit and good will.

I know of another man who employed several programmers. He kept all of his bits locked in a safe. Each morning he would count out a small number of bits for each programmer. At the end of the day, he would recount the bits, and back into the safe they went. If even one bit was lost on the floor, no one could leave until it was recovered.

Concerning roosters, I used to think they crowed only at dawn. Now, I realize that they only begin crowing at dawn - and continue until dusk.
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

Now,I realize that they only begin crowing at dawn - and continue until dusk
    this is the first time i ever encounter a rooster who crow all the day, they are 2 roosters without females; the strongest one who are crowing; he may call for a female. he crow about 6 variations of his songs. i wish i have the google translator for animals:
    http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/land...ateforanimals/

[font=courier new][size=8pt]http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/landing/translateforanimals/

"Making the world's information universally accessible is a key goal for Google. Language is one of our biggest challenges so we have targeted our efforts on
    removing language barriers between the species. We are excited to introduce Translate for Animals, an Android application which we hope will allow us to better
    understand our animal friends. We've always been a pet-friendly company at Google, and we hope that Translate for Animals encourages greater interaction and
    understanding between animal and human.

Translate for Animals is an application for Android phones that recognises and transcribes words and phrases that are common to a species, like cats for
    example. To develop Translate for Animals, we worked closely with many of the world's top language synthesis teams, and with leaders in the field of animal
    cognitive linguistics, including senior fellows at the Bodleian Library in Oxford."

Does that seem like reality, or corporate bullcrap? Did you ever notice how commercials, advertisements, and election campaigns always seem like they are
    intended for dimwits? I think the reason is, because they are intended for dimwits. Most propaganda is designed to maximize the number of people which it
    influences. By definition, the exact average I.Q. (intelligence quotient), is 100. So, almost all propaganda is aimed at convincing the person with a 100 I.Q.

I remember from grade school, when classmates would openly talk about their scores on I.Q. tests. My experience is that, people with I.Q.s of 100, are really
    dumb. I think they have a very limited ability to understand more than the most simplistic ideas. I think that is why, advertising is so stupid, and election
    campaigns are always structured as, "good" versus "bad", "black" versus "white" (The fewer categorical "boxes" a person uses, probably, the dumber he is, yes?
    Besides, black and white, there are an infinity of grays, correct?). Think about how history demonstrates how easy it is to deceive the citizenry.

Additionally, I think the I.Q. curve is symmetric about the average, meaning that the left half of the bell curve has exactly the same shape as the right half.
    Therefore, the median I.Q., is the same as the average I.Q., 100. The next time you are in a place where there are a lot of people gathered, think to yourself,
    "Statistically, approximately half of the people here, have an I.Q. less than or equal to 100.". I've thought about it, at Wal-Mart (America's super-mega store
    chain), at sporting events, etc. To me, it explains a lot. I think it may also explain the phenomenon of, "the mob mentality". The larger a mob is, the closer
    its composite I.Q. tends to 100. So, I think a mob's distraught emotional behavior, replicates on a larger scale, the distraught emotional behavior of someone
    with a 100 I.Q. (Of course, additionally, a mob permits an individual to anonymously do what he would otherwise like to do, but is afraid of doing alone -
    somewhat like the acts people commit in automobiles, when they believe they can remain unknown and free from consequences.)

Dan
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields