Thread: Hello from GWBaldwin

Hello from GWBaldwin

Hey everyone,

I grew up with GW-Basic and wrote some programs with it, but it proved to be too slow for practical gaming. I jumped into Turbo Pascal but I didn't care for the syntax. For the past few years, my programming staple has been Visual Basic, but now is not supported by today's Windows 7 -- and besides there was no good, simple way of incorporating sound into my games. I Googled, "Basic Programming Languages," and found ThinBasic. I'm impressed and hope to learn more about the IDE and its capabilities.

Happy Bug Squashing,
    GWBaldwin

Re: Hello from GWBaldwin

Hello GWBaldwin and welcome on board.

Whenever someone says that they are into game development it makes me smile. You will see that thinBasic features some awesome functionalities to develop 3d and 2d games. Just take your time, study the samples and whenever you have a question or problems, then feel free to ask it on the forum. We are here to help you and if you think you need another feature for thinbasic, then please let us know so we can try to develop it for us and you.

Best wishes
    Michael Hartlef

Welcome to the world of ThinBASIC, GWBaldwin,

I hope you will like using ThinBASIC!

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi GWBaldwin and welcome to thinBasic community forum.

I will thanks Google for helping to find thinBasic among the many other Basic around.

As Michael said, we are here to develop thinBasic and help people getting in touch with it listening to any question or suggestion. thinBasic has been built a lot thanks to suggestions and bug hunting done here in forum so feel free to ask whetever you will need.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.