Thread: codeEditor Demo: Glimmer Twins :)

codeEditor Demo: Glimmer Twins :)

hello all.

here I show a version of a new Editor "Glimmer Twins - Code Editor 1.12" (simple Code Texteditor for powerbasic and I hope in spe for thinbasic too) based upon the fantastic Borje Hagstens "edm32" include file. I have adepted, expanded some big parts of functionality (good supported also from a friend, Joaquim). The example was built with powerbasic (pbwin 9). All work in progress

feel free to test. Any feedback is welcome.

some tips:

a) use right click to see more properties.
    b) load any powerbasic file to see syntax and commands, change it, save it, do ever what you like to want
    c) have add two examples: 1) UI example from thinbasic side, but saved as *.bas file, as this version cannot load *.tbasic file, but will come I hope
    2) simple powerbasic file (pie.bas)

best regards, frank
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: codeEditor Demo: Glimmer Twins :)

glimmer Twins? thanks for that joke who knows rockmusic I am sure knows what twins you are meaning (rock`n`roll band).

nice little tool, frank!. circa 178 kb size, wow! although I didn`t know powerbasic, I can imagine it`s not very difficult to create a thinbasic version with an include file connect to thincore or with declare statement.

I am astonished what power this code editor sucks under this easy gui. many thanks! I like the blending effect after ending, closing app.

sorry, I have not much time, because son and teachment at uni provides me with quite other responsibility. to all thinbasic developer, great work at the last issues (eros, petr, michael and all other guys).
    bye, tom

this is a usefull editor, i like it is going screen wide so we can see more of the code, thanks
    suggestions:
    1- if possible the ability of the user to change the background color ( this is usefull for reducing the eye stress), and the font and its size.
    2- in a future flavour of the editor, the ability of the user to add or remove keywords to the list of the colored keywords.

regards
    ps: show gridlines feature is very good, thanks

hi all,
    hello zak, thanks for testing this little code editor.
    please test this version, perhaps the background is more comfortable to reduce eye stress, but it's just a test for me. the "color" button doesn't work (not yet) I will check what I can do to change colors by a dialog or I fix the background color .
    for me it's an experience how to use edm32 control or scintilla. I will have a closer look for it, because I am not sure what code editor tool I will use in future. learning by doing

nice evening, thanks, frank
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Hi frank
    i prefer the previous white color than the yellow.
    also the fonts background color must have the same color as the surrounding color.
    indeed every person have his own preferences of color different from others, for me i need to change color every one hour.
    the best choice is the color chooser.
    regards

update GlimmerTwins CodeEditor :)

hello all. here I show a new little update of my glimmerTwins code editor for powerbasic files (*.bas) and I hope in nearly future for thinbasic too
    qt: => I would only know how to fetch the syntax highlights (syntax coloring) for *.tbasic files ? If I change ending from *.tbasic file in *.bas file everything is highlighted correct, but I wish to have *.tbasic file to show correctly I can already load *.tbasic files with my editor. So it's necessary to load thincore.dll too? Or I have forgotten to add something? Some advices are welcome! I add three examples in zip folder you can load, save or delete.
    the run button is just a dummy. also the black box (compiling) up right side. try and use this little tool if you like it.
    the icons in toolbar are new! background colour now is light yellow and fixed.
    colour chooser will come some day.
    just for fun: type in tbgl, adam, eva, printl, adamevabasic.

best regards, frank
    Last edited by Lionheart008; 30-11-2010 at 21:22.

Lion...
    I use this for filtering in IWB:
    'choose filter ////////////////////////////////////////
    filter = "Thin Basic files|*.tbasic|All Files|*.*||"
    filtertext = "Text files|*.txt|All Files|*.*||"

and under sub open this:
    filename = FILEREQUEST("Load file",w1,1,filter,"tbasic")

i think that you must use something similiar in Power Basic...