Thread: thinBasic at basic.mindteq.com

thinBasic at basic.mindteq.com

http://basic.mindteq.com/

If you really like thinBasic, vote for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

thinBasic MVPs

Re: thinBasic at basic.mindteq.com

Very interesting to see the comments about ThinBasic and PowerBasic and how some people are so incorrect in their assumptions.
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

FYI

The www.allbasic.info and www.allbasic.info/forum URLs redirect to basic.mindteq.com.

ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Nice to see both ThinBasic & PureBasic up and fighting in the top 3!
    I guess that more then me that have these as favorite languages.

Any chance to see a compiler include in ThinBasic 2?

i imagine (just an imagination) that in thinbasic "3", some form of translator can translate thinbasic code to oxygen (which is a compiler) and then oxygen will convert it to exe.
    this is available already in bcx, in which it translate basic code to c code then compile it.
    may be a beginning :a prototype for just a small part of thinbasic code .

Any chance to see a compiler include in ThinBasic 2?
    You can create a standalone executable with thinBASIC today. If thinBASIC doesn't give you the speed you need and a compiler is the answer, I would suggest you buy a copy of PowerBASIC. Eros did and wrote thinBASIC in it.

Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Well, PureBasic is the complement to TB for me. Newer really liked PowerBasic, still respect your suggestion but it's not really my taste. I know that Eros wrote TB in PowerBasic, but PureBasic would according to my knowledge do fine for that also - a matter of taste maybe?

But while getting the best from two worlds, I still hope that TB in the future also will allow small stand-alone programs that can be put on CD's etc. (I have often got into problem with the bundling here) & without any of that 300 MB mess that .NET installs as a framework - just a small, neat binary.

ThinBASIC is a true interpreter in my eyes. This approach make the Basic flexible and easier to change directions if needed. The down side is that trying to build a compiler/translator around thinBASIC may take a lot of work. ScriptBasic has taken a different approach and creates a binary tokenized (PRE- parsed, lexed, optimized) script that is checked for syntax and structure errors before starting execution. This makes it easier to wrap the tokenized user program, create an interface to the runtime dynamic library and ending up with a small footprint standalone executable.

I find it frustrating that users spend so much time asking for things a language doesn't do instead of taking advantage of what it was intented to do.

Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Image change in http://www.basic.mindteq.com/index.p...tid=40:reviews
    to reflect more recent thinAir IDE

If you still like thinBasic, vote for it

Thanks
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000