Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engineer = %TRUE

Engineer = %TRUE

Dear friends!,

yesterday I successfully passed final examination and presentation of my OpenCL thesis at University. I now have the Masters Degree, I became a werewolf engineer now.

ThinBASIC has been great help for me during studies. Thanks to it I was able to directly try techniques learned at Uni, automate computations and visualisations. My whole thesis has been heavily based on ThinBASIC. In case of DLLs I used TB for prototyping, in case of programs I used directly ThinBASIC, as it has been fantastic GPGPU RAD platform for me. The ability to have the whole IDE on single flash drive, and visit various friends to perform test on their machine without need to install any gigantic IDE was invaluable.

The design of the language helped me in tough times, when Nvidia struggles with static OpenCL library made the Visual Studio pain to use, which would normally hold my work for about a month. Not so with thinBasic - few declares and I got it running. No waiting for compile times and immediate response was another important feature of ThinBASIC reducing the stress during the work on thesis.

I would like to thank everyone who helped to shape the form of ThinBASIC in the past years, I think my studies would be much harder without having this platform available.
    My thanks go to people posting sample code on this forum as well, it helped me to understand some programming and general concepts more quickly.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs

Re: Engineer = %TRUE

Congrats

I do hope now that you are the Master you will not be disappearing from TB world and how are your plans on world domination?

Does this mean studying is over and now its time to look for a Job

[code=thinbasic]
    Petr.Student = %FALSE
    Petr.Engineer = %TRUE
    Petr.JobHunt = %TRUE
    [/code]

Mike

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

congratulation
    i wish you a happy future

Congratulation Petr

Congratulations Petr. I am very happy to hear you have your degree now because that was always a very stressful factor lately in your life.

I wish you the best wishes for your future and that you will find a job that is exciting and makes you happy.

Party on!
    Michael

Congratulations and I wish you a fantastic future. Be happy.

Jordi

Great, great, great !

Take your time time to rest for a while because ...
    you have just passed the easy task. Now it's coming real life!
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Congratulations Petr,
    as we say in Italian: congratulazioni!!

Now it's time to show all your skills in the world of job.

Simone
    LapTop Pc: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 • 2GB 533MHz DDR2 RAM • 160GB hard disk • 512MB ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics • Win Vista SP1<br />Desktop Pc: 1.6GHz Intel Core 2&nbsp; • 2GB DDR2 RAM •&nbsp; 1024MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT • WinXp&nbsp; SP3

Thanks a lot guys!

I hope to stay active here in similar form as I was till now.

Regarding the job, that will be complicated. We are finishing the project of advertisement robot, it should cruise indoor environments by the end of this year.
    Till that time I have to work on my own, I have plans for multiple projects, mostly GPU related. I would like to continue to use ThinBASIC in some of the "pro" work as well.

But ... everything is quite open now, I am quite curious what I will do in 1 year from now

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

You have some highly marketable skills Petr. Take your time to discover where the opportunities are.

This is a good time for a break to recharge your mental batteries.

Charles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast