Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starving yogi' astounds Indian scientists

Starving yogi' astounds Indian scientists

Re: Starving yogi' astounds Indian scientists

[font=courier new]I read it. I like it.

I don't know how it could be possible.

If he doesn't, "go to the toilet", that would seem to mean that somehow, his body is a sealed system, no atoms enter or leave it.

In that case, I guess all of his molecules are somehow recycled. He never loses any, so he doesn't need to gain any.

You can tell me what prevents evaporation.

If there is no exchange of matter, and he "runs" on solar energy, then, the only explanation I can think of, is that he is not really human, but actually, a cleverly disguised machine, yes?!?!!

Dan :P
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

We would expect his abdominal organs to become very small if he was not using them.

Without drinking, dehydration would show up very quickly - within a day or two. But since he was taking regular baths, he might be able to absorb water through the skin.

I doubt he is a robot since the concept of Yoga has not entered the field of robotics yet.

Note that it is the military who are taking a keen interest!

Charles

thinBasic MVPs

Not a pleasant topic but I did read about a guy (Bear Grylls) who made tv program where he was on an island doing survival stuff and gave himself and enema with undrinkable water before sailing off on a raft, I assume it was to absorb as much water as possible before the journey.

Perhaps this yogi has a similiar technique (without tubes)
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

such a man when he died, indeed we can't be sure he died realy, so in such bizzare situations if he burried in a tomb must supplied by a phone to talk to his relatives for a rescue if he awake suddenly, indeed there are many cases i have read in newspapers in which the people awake before burried; but what about if he is burried and his relatives went home?? then he awake in his grave ??.
    i suggest someone brave to make a company in which it will provide the dead man by a satelite phone and oxygen and a light for just $50 including Tax, so if he awaken within 2 months he will just press a button to alarm the company for a rescue and to send emails to dedicated sites, the company may be called "the dead human rescue service", i am not kidding at all, many people burried alive daily in all over the world,
    and from the commercial viewpoint it is a profitable project for a brave man or woman,if you want to be a millionere be the first to originate such a project, thousands will subscribe for this service.
    just search google for people burried alive and you will astonished.
    as an example :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burial
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premature_burial

[font=courier new]I could be wrong, but I think, yogis are Hindu, and Hindus are burned, not buried.

Dan :P
    "You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W.C.Fields

I read long time ago in one of the volumes of "Isis Unveiled" by H. P. Blavatsky that they found a yogi in meditation with tree's grown all around the yogi, the trees had sprung up and grown as the yogi was in a trance, when they tried to clear the tree's (closely interwoven with the yogi) they killed the yogi.

A more extensive report on Prahlad Jani can be found towards the end of this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

Clip from Reuters:

Interesting picture of the yogi meditating. I wonder if the Shiva trident is an energy collecting device

http://www.desihits.com/news/view/th...water-20100511

[font=courier new]It seems to me, you need to put him in a cell without a toilet, for a year.

Somehow, you need to insure that the only thing that can pass into or out of the cell, is air.

I think, that's not easy to do.

I guess, analogous to double-blind testing, a method must be used, which makes the probability of someone secretly enabling him to cheat, extremely small.

In that case, if his claims are genuine, then the world will be astounded.

If he is a fraud, then, mostly likely, he will either refuse the conditions of confinement, or if he is confined, it will soon become apparent that he cannot do what he claims.

He was also investigated in 2003

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3236118.stm

Some scornful critique at that time:

http://www.skepdic.com/news/newsletter34.html

It is intriguing that no-one has yet uncovered any cheating over the last seven years.

Charles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.