Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poll for a game with common work project

poll for a game with common work project

discussion source: http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?topic=3308.0

1) I only would like to know who is interested in creating a little game like

a) "soccer manager" game in 2D graphics using tbgl/ui

b) "dungeon monster" game in 3d graphics using tbgl feature.

2) the project should take about three month (or earlier end). It will start at that time/date if there are more than four, five people who are really engaged to fulfil this task in this time period. new thinbasic users are very welcome too and it's time for testing your thinbasic skills and support this idea

3) at this board you can say if you have fun to take part at this project with your name and if you have time enough to work three to four times a week for this work.

=> your feedback at this board could look like for example:

frank (lionheart00:
    1) I prefer to program "dungeon monster game" !
    2) I will take part for about three times a week:
    any good suggestions and ideas for realizing this projects are also welcome.

=> 4) you have time roundabout two weeks to decide you. deadline: 10. april 2010 at midnight.

5) otherwise: in case of missing quote of minimum four, five people: no success, no fun, no common project, no new learning curve with new thinbasic power, no honour

kind regards, thanks, frank
    (new edit: saturday morning, 10:10 am)
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: poll for a game with common work project

Frank,

from my side, I am sorry but I have to finish diploma thesis properly before entering the game developement.

I will be happy to help with advices on how to achieve certain graphics with TBGL, but I will not have time to work on this full time.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Franck,

can you please be more detailed on the "Work 3 to 4 times a week on the game" part of your requirements. How many hours does that mean?

Michael

hi frank too

I will try to spend three, four hours a week for this game idea. I like more the idea of dungeon game, but if it's easier and more likeable to use 2d game like soccer game, I will support also this idea by my yedi young-blood-wins power

denis:
    1) I prefer to program "dungeon monster game" !
    2) I will take part for about four hours a week:
    thanks, denis

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hartlef
    Hi Franck,

can you please be more detailed on the "Work 3 to 4 times a week on the game" part of your requirements. How many hours does that mean?

Michael
    bump

thinBasic MVPs

I thought its time to make my position clear, I'm not getting involved but good luck to anyone that wants to kill sometime.

Mike C
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

thanks, mike c.
    thanks, denis
    thanks, petr
    thanks, mike hartlef

@mike hartlef: reply to your question: I thought about 3-4 hours work per week for the project. that does mean minimum 0.5 hours per day for a six working day

nice day, back at work now, frank
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Thanks Frank for the explanation. So call the a sucker for punishment but I will join with you guys. 3-4 hours a week is doable for me I guess.

Both games are fine to me as long no UI/TBGL mix in the game interface is used. Or, and a big OR, you find a way to skin the windows UI elements to look like a game UI.

I thought I replied to this when the post first came out, but I don't see it. I am sorry to say I won't be able to join this round guys. Wish you all the luck!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Hallo

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast