Thread: AEB_Art_Editor (Picture Manipulation Software in spe!)

AEB_Art_Editor (Picture Manipulation Software in spe!)

hello all

..because I wanted to start some weeks ago with the idea of an image manipulation software I collected some ideas of a simple Image / Picture Application with powerbasic. I have used for the first bigger steps and features "Gdiplus" include files. the whole application based at/on josé roca's "cWindow" include files (sdk frame window) to make the code short. And I used a MDI class window you can try by the menu bar.

over that I've token for whole gdiplus sub's functions ( a lot) and start new popup window different "wndproc's" so the code became bigger and bigger. It's a good job for learning to include new functions or simply loading/saving pictures (this will be the next big task for me to handle images you can load and save by hand and name/rename it). with every new idea I learn new things, that's sometimes really funny when I see, what's possible with image creating and thumbnails and perhaps the next time stretching pictures for example. A rich editor popup window is also included and a text editor (MDI).

explore the toolbar: You can test the application in an early beta stadium, there are still some problems, but you can already try to use: IconButtons 1,2,7,8,9,10,11 and see what happens

the exe file I add in zip folder and a picture zip file for seeing short overview of the IDE. there are still some bugs, I know that, but it's a good time to show how this idea becomes bigger and without thinbasic knowledge and love to this basic interpreter I never started this task, you can imagine.

any feedback is welcome. feel free to test this "AdamEvaBasic_Art Editor" or leave it.

I was not intended to write a new compiler, oh no! I wanted to work with images and like to manipulate them. perhaps it's possible some day to get a free Image Manipulation Software worked with thinbasic and powerbasic. must be easy to translate it for thinbasic too, I am sure.

Now I have found what I was looking for last weeks and month with this idea and will realize it

thanks, good night, Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: AEB_Art_Editor (Picture Manipulation Software in spe!)

The program ran Frank. I was able to load some photos. But I don't know what to do. I try to click on things and get errors.

But making a photo manipulation program sounds like a fun project and I am sure, as you wrote-- a great way to learn more complex things.
    The GDI and plus version of it are powerful libraries from the demo code I have seen on the web. I think learning to tap into it will be good.

So good luck on the project.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: AEB_Art_Editor (Picture Manipulation Software in spe!)

hey mr. lionheart, interesting idea for manipulation software !
    my teacher developed some years ago with some friends a picture software for morphing images at the university. they have programed all with c++, I am sure because our prof. made a demo for showing us some month ago. he said there were about 4.600 code lines for this little application ! uff

good luck for your project like kent said.

1) here 's a working test for your pictures I can load all with button Icons. good.
    problems seems to be there: picture loaded by the "arabird" beside woman (I think it's button 10!) you can load the leopards and if I take the stretch button new popup menu shows sized leopards with a little thumbnail (all ok until here!), but if I close this dialog the picture from first leopard disappear. the "loader" button works fine, I can choose jpg/png/bmp pictures, but cannot save it here, that's right ?

2) menu bar: "Art_Program": only two menus works. "gdi_test_picture_go" and "Save_Picture_Frame!_go" here is working everything fine! and I found new pictures in my folder, good idea!

3) If I click the 12th. button (woman) "Just load & save Picture" there appear a lord of the ring sketch picture. after closing this popup dialog there is saving this picture with a new name! wow! very nice.

4) there will be more work to make new "manipulations" at/on the pictures, I am sure you can do that and will take time. my teacher worked about six month with three friends at his old manipulation software.

thanks for looking over the horizonts. I don't know powerbasic but I have read in some posts at this board there are many relatives to thinbasic. good idea to translate it some day, I can only repeat: good idea.

5) sometimes all is working fine. sometimes not. my first impression after testing your AEB_Art DEMO. don't know more about this working environment for IDE or whole functions for loading / saving new pictures. can you tell more about this?

bye, thanks, denis (we have a free hour at school)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.