Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Re: Complex number library

Re: Complex number library

Hi Eros,

Your dll and test file work fantastic! Good job!

If you, Petr, and/or Michael are interested, I can send you the "Python Programming in OpenGL" text I've written and that we've been using for the past three years in my class. The text is also used at the University of Illinois by a math professor friend in his mathematical programming class. The text would illustrate the kinds of 2D and 3D graphics (and fractals) we've been creating using Python and OpenGL.

It occurs to me that I could rework the text using ThinBasic?

Anyway, if you are interested, I can send it to you via mediafire. It's about 430 pages, including table of contents and index and the download size is about 5 mb. If you aren't interested, no problem.

Cheers,

Stan

Hi Stan,

of course I'm interested.

Thanks for offering.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by kent sarikaya
    Won't a 2D library also be necessary to output fractals?
    What do you need? Points, Circles? Lines? All there since a year

Hi,

I am also very interested in the text!

As Michael said, 2D functions are already here in TBGL as well as 2D rendering mode.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by sblank
    Hi Eros,

Your dll and test file work fantastic! Good job!

OK Stan, I will go on and give you something more complete in few days (or even before depending on my load at work).
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Stan,

almost finished what you have asked as initial functionalities.
    I will publish this night (CET time)

Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Thanks Eros!

Here is the MediaFire link to the Python and OpenGL text I wrote for my students... it seems to work well, but I'm getting tired of Python. Although I have the text copyrighted, I'm making it available to anyone who is interested. It has been a labor of love (so to speak) and essentially a snapshot of what interests me about computation... sort of the text that I always wanted to buy for my students, but couldn't.

<<link removed, file attached to this post>>

I apologize for the MediaFire adware... if there is a better file sharing/hosting site I'm open for suggestions!

Cheers,

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Eros Olmi
    Stan,

almost finished what you have asked as initial functionalities.
    I will publish this night (CET time)

Eros

Thanks Stan,

I think it would be also possible to attach the file here as attachement, as they are allowed up to 10MB.

I just quickly went through the pages of your text, it is really very well structured, and the examples look very attractive.
    Some of the examples you have inside have already been implemented in thinBASIC, like Sierpinski triangle, but some of them are completely new to me. It will be very interesting reading!

Thanks for sharing,
    Petr

EDIT: First ported example from the book here: MathArt: Port of code by Stan Blank
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Thank you for the kind words, Petr.

My students have been my critics and my editors over the past several years, so the text is better than it would have been otherwise. The kids caught many (too many!) of my errors, which allowed me to correct the text multiple times. They also suggested topics of interest, which were implemented to the best of my ability. I also received great feedback from my math professor colleague, George K. Francis, and his students at the Univ. of Illinois. I make no great claims for the content or the prose... and the errors that remain are mine, but the book was fun to write and seems to work well in the classroom and that's all that matters.

My school internet account will not let me attach the pdf to this post. I'll attach it later this evening or tomorrow evening from home.

Cheers... and thanks!

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    Thanks Stan,

I think it would be also possible to attach the file here as attachement, as they are allowed up to 10MB.

I just quickly went through the pages of your text, it is really very well structured, and the examples look very attractive.
    Some of the examples you have inside have already been implemented in thinBASIC, like Sierpinski triangle, but some of them are completely new to me. It will be very interesting reading!

Thanks for sharing,
    Petr

I suppose that if I develop a dedicated module and publish it as source code into thinBasic SVN server (so everyone can get it) I will not infringe any Licence.
    Guess not. However, the module will become GPL automatically, and also any program that uses it. And you must include a GPL license.

Because of this heavy "contamination", I haven't done further adaptations of GPL libraries.

My license for the Windows API Headers is just the opposite: I don't allow derivative works (mainly to avoid conflicts between different versions), but I allow to use them commercially and without forcing you to make your source code available.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.