Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AdamEvaBasic Project :)

AdamEvaBasic Project :)

hi and good morning

I found by chance last days eros fantastique "bint32" small basic interpreter. didn't know this little thing at all. - I was really astonished what great power rumoured below surface of this little tool. As I am learning some examples with powerbasic too I started this little experiments and project.

perhaps it's possible to add some new functions and important features for thinbasic too, don't know, but it's a great little tool for learning. I renamed "bint32" in "adamEvaBasic", as I have some humour and love this two nearly unknown humans

I add here two examples for testing, if you like you can have a look at this files.
    a) example one: I include only "multiply" function
    b) example two: I include graphic box, not more
    c) modified only a little colour background and text style

zipfile inclusive "adamEvaBasic.dll" and powerbasic codes

enjoy first steps
    thanks to eros for the link and this great work he has done some years ago !

link: You can find full PowerBasic source code of BINT32 at the following url:
    http://www.thinbasic.com/index.php?o...tegory&catid=6
    It should be compilable with latest PB9.02 / PB9.03

I have tested both examples with current Powerbasic PBWIN 9.03 and works fine.

last edit: friday, 14:56h
    I saved new zipfile with all include file you need for compiling both examples

best regards, frank
    ps: edit: friday, 22.jan.2009:
    I have included "help-files" in zip and rar folder with copyrights about "bint32"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: AdamEvaBasic Project :)

I'm really very happy you are enjoying the pleasure of ... "interpreting"
    ... but if you want other been able to compile your sources you need to include "AdamEvaBasic.INC" too in your .ZIP

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

hi eros, dear thinbasic / powerbasic friends,

... but if you want other been able to compile your sources you need to include "AdamEvaBasic.INC" too in your .ZIP
    have done it, see my first post!

one wish / hint:
    => if somebody has really and serious interests in engaging this small interpreter project you can take part and say it ! the progress I will show from time to time at this place at the board if you like this one. adamEvaBasic interpreter is still small like a tigerchild

servus, cheers, frank
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

hello frank, dear eros, very, very nice to see how does interpreter works !
    do you have more examples for compiling? do you are using another editor for adamevabasic? my advice: better to make shorten the commands like "adam" or "eve" for syntax, my opinion. - what kind of editor you can recommend? cannot test compiling as I am not working with powerbasic, you need this app. for compiling, isn`t it? good luck for this project, can support you only with ideas and ton`s of c++ examples. good luck! I am curious to see more bye, tom

Great program LionHart
    As i see you use PowerBasic IDE isnt'?

In any case, remember to read copyright notice included in BINT help file (.doc or .rtf version)
    In case of derivative works, you have to include BINT copyright notice.
    Thanks
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Eros,When you say about bint32 help i just read them, and i'm relly impressed with amount
    of commands supported in BINT32 - it almost complet basic like language-
    GREAT

BINT was the "father" of all my passion for interpreters/parsers some years ago.
    It is where all (from my side) started.

Once you have a parser and a math/string interpreter as a core engine, adding more commands is quite easy.

Once you have a parser and a math/string interpreter as a core engine, adding more commands is quite easy.
    Yes you are completly right!
    I study bint parser and libry parser and only i can say that are
    written little bit different.Libry is by the way written in VB 6.0 and
    is made as compiler but i think that bint parser is much powerfull.
    On the other hand libry dont use functions for all then use subs.
    Infact both are great.

hi all,
    some little news about "adamEvaBasic" interpreter (AEB):

I have built an update with a picture test and "about" button perhaps I check the way to show the code for compiling in a listbox and some day it's also possible to use textbox for directly typing in by user for new codes with some syntax, but this will take some weeks I can see and I hope so.

more examples will come if there's more time as my job at work stresses at the moment.
    I add only two exe files (plus help-files about copyrights!) you can see about new things they are included. copyrights notices already included in this test zip file.

full collected examples pack will come when I have started more exercises and functions with graphics so I'll intend to do! there's a lot to learn, uff! :P

nice evening, frank
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast