Thread: Steve Ballmer's Keynote from CES 2010

Steve Ballmer's Keynote from CES 2010

I was really sad to see such a weak keynote from Microsoft. I thought with Windows 7 getting good reviews that would have been a good start to a wonderful inspirational keynote.
    Mr. Ballmer lacked his usual energetic style and there was nothing really exciting. The only thing that was interesting is Project Natal. The Slate PC was hyped all week and nothing new
    and he sure seemed sort of nervous presenting that stuff.

Perhaps the plethora of devices coming to CES running Android really shocked him, did you guys get the same feeling?
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: Steve Ballmer's Keynote from CES 2010

Actually I don't expect anything from Microsoft anyway, only new windows versions. Apples keynotes are always exciting, because you don't know if they will proof the rumors that are usually spreding around before the event. Plus the new hardware and stuff. I'm sure MS is having harder times these days as they need to come up with something more innovative than their competitors.

Here is more proof the future is coming fast and intel/microsoft are falling behind:
    http://www.techtree.com/India/News/C...08578-581.html

16 hours of HD video playback on one battery charge. Able to run Unreal Engine 3... WOW!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

It depends on if this tech is reaching the mass of people. Only if the people will use it, it will be a success. Look at the IPHone, technically it has some flaws, but so many people love it and the commercial success for Apple is obvious.

Mike, did you ever watch the TV show Earth Final Conflict? Anyways one of the cool things was a communicator that had a screen you pulled out. The screen would roll up like a scroll when not being used. That technology is almost here with color e-ink displays, they show them bending but never rolled up.

Definitely being free from the desktop is awesome. Now that I found my mobility with my netbooks, I hate sitting in front of my gaming pc when I could be relaxing on the couch with my netbook, or out and about at a cafe or mall computing but also out there with people. The limiting factor is performance, battery life and screen size.

Battery life with these new devices seems to be a none issue as now performance if you can run unreal engine 3. A 10" or smaller netbook I would say is too small of screen for full day use, at least for someone like me over age 50. The tablets right now that are 12"plus seem perfect for now till either the pico projector technology gets better or the rolled up screen comes to be.

Verizon Wireless till the second half of last year, was all about locked closed networking. But finally the heads of the company saw the writing on the wall and are now embracing open systems to bring the latest techs forward as soon as possible. They are partnered with Vodaphone for worldwide coverage.

There is no doubt that mobile affordable devices that offer a great interface, user experience and that are responsive are popular and there is a demand. People want to be freed from their desks, but have that power with them. It is a very exciting time right now, that is for sure.