Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Fourier Transform in TBASS

Re: Fast Fourier Transform in TBASS

Well, on my PC the TBASS_SampleFromMemory.tbasic and TBASS_MusicFromMemory.tbasic does not work, but the script I posted here does work without any problem (it does not play anything from memory).

I get for them error 41 aka "BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM".

Kent, do you think you could try to mod my code to use console to print out code returned by TBASS_ErrorGetCode on your PC?
    Thank you very much!

I might be wrong, but (T)BASS is DirectX based, maybe DX 11(?) in W7 makes some trouble?

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    Well, on my PC the TBASS_SampleFromMemory.tbasic and TBASS_MusicFromMemory.tbasic does not work, but the script I posted here does work without any problem (it does not play anything from memory).
    That scripts do not work here too so there must be something wrong . I will check in next days.
    But FFT example works fine in all OS I tested including Windows Vista. I didn't check under Windows 7 but I will try to setup a virtual machine in next days (hopefully)
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

This command is not known in my install: TBASS_ChannelGetData
    When I comment it out and the lines afterward the music plays fine and I see the black window.

Petr, there is an error routine in the code, I tried sending the output from the call, but it doesn't come back
    from TBASS_ChannelGetData.

Also the TBASS_ChannelGetData is not keyword color highlighted, whereas the other TBASS commands are.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

I'm installed a VM with an old Windows 7 version (I do not have the latest)

TBASS_ChanelGetData seems working fine under Windows 7

So Kent problems seems something else other the operating system or TBASS.
    Kent, I still think there is an old thinBasic_TBASS.dll module around. Check and show system/hidden files in \thinBasic\SampleScripts\TBASS\ directory to be sure there are no old versions there.

Ciao
    Eros

Attached Images Attached Images
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Eros, if as Petr wrote, it is based on DirectX, then having DX11 on my computer could be messing it up.
    I am just guessing that your VM doesn't have DirectX 11 installed and that is perhaps why there is a difference.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Hi
    i have two windows xp in my computer, every one is installed in a separate primary partition,
    in the first winxp, i got error message just to run (uses "tbass") as in the following picture using tb v1.7.10:
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/72cd0dbbb1.jpg
    this is not the case with the older version 1.7.8
    running the command dxdiag from start->run give me info that i have directx 9.0c as in this pic:
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/950d474409.jpg
    strangely when using the second winxp i have run the Petr example above , and after it gives me about 3 error messages like the above pictures, i have tried the mp3 player example, and it is running okay, after that somehow the Petr example run okay, and now it is running without errors, this is a contradictory behaviour, the dx version on the second windxp is the same dx9.0c.

any way surly there is a tricky hidden trap between the tbass in v1.7.10 and 1.7.8

zak,

can you be so kind to let us know how DEP is configured in your systems?
    Use the following method:

• Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under the Startup and Recovery field.
    • In the System startup field, click Edit. The Boot.ini file opens in Notepad.

See what is configured at "/noexecute=" (if present)

TBASS in thinBasic 1.7.10 uses a method to load DLL from memory instead that from file remapping all dll exported function.
    If DEP is always active (AlwaysOn) it can be the reason why it GPF.
    Default Windows configuration is "/noexecute=optin"

Thanks
    Eros

Hi Eros
    the boot.ini is as follows:
    [boot loader]
    ;timeout=3
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    also i have checked the boot.ini in the partition of the second winxp and it is the same
    my first winxp is full of programs with hundreds or even thousands of programs, while the second winxp have just a small number of programs installed. but even so in the second winxp experiment i wonder too much why it gives errors the first about 3 times, while now it is okay.
    a note if may be related, i have 4 GB on my system, but it shows a 3 GB because my asus motherboard do not detect 4 gb, as i have learned from searching the web regarding my specific motherboard.

regards

hi
    i have deleted the /noexecute=optin /fastdetect from the boot.ini and rebooted the computer, but still the same problem. it is surely a memory problem

zak,

that option was correct so please leave is as it was.

Instead, when you have the GPF, can you please click on the blue "Click here" link.
    It should give you more info on the exact dll that produced the GPF. Info should be in the upper part of the appearing dialog.

Thank you.
    Eros

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast