Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: thinBasic beta 1.7.10.0

Re: thinBasic beta 1.7.10.0

ESET (NOD32) follow up
    [code=dos]
    Update for Case #364574 - "thinBasic programming language"

An ESET Customer Care Representative has updated this case with the following information:

Hello,

You'll have to contact our virus lab so that they can take a look at the file. If it's being incorrectly flagged and is a false positive they can remove it from the database in the next update..

This kb article explains.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141

Thank you,
    Eset Technical Support[/code]

I've sent all info to ESET Virus Lab.
    We will see.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hartlef
    Same goes for AVIRA Antivir, it reacts on the TBP/IP modules again and during installation. Maybe on the onlinecore module as well.

Maybe it would be wise not to UPX these modules.
    No, Michael. I will not change my development behaves because an AV is failing otherwise we will enter into and endless story.
    I'm not doing anything strange. I'm just compacting my DLLs or EXEs and this is not against any rule.
    I need to solve the problem directly with the AV creators otherwise every now and than we will restart again this nightmare.

After ESET (NOD32) will reply and possibly solve the problem I will contacted AVIRA too. If ESET recognize thinBasic is not a threat I can have more changes to solve the problem with AVIRA too. At least I hope.

Ciao
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi all.

I've updated thinBasic 1.7.10.0. You can download it from the link in the first post of this thread.

Main changes:
    • updates InnoSetup (Setup creation) from version 5.2.2 to version 5.3.4.
      This could help in avoiding AV false positive
    • Changed some code generation flags for thinCore.dll.
      Again this could help in avoiding AV false positive
    • thinAir: more keyboard accelerators are now active
    • thinAir: comment/uncomment is now working
    • thinAir: right click context menu started to work. Not much options but more will come
    • thinAir: editor soft tabs are now in place instead of real tabs. Also number of tabs will reflect the one setup in thinAir config
    • thinAir: list of functions/sub all in one place in Code Browser
    • Oxygen: updated to the latest available

Hope AV false positive will be reduced. I'm still waiting a reply to my mail from ESET (NOD32)

Ciao
    Eros

Version 1.7.10.0 updated has been downloaded now with NOD32 without problems.
    Thanks and regards.
    Jordi

Thanks a lot Jordi for feedback.

This confirms the false positive because I didn't change anything important.

For the Setup I just just update to new Inno Setup.
    I suspect old version of Inno Setup was marked as possible threat maybe because used to spread some virus. But not sure.

NOD32 was also warning about thinCore.dll and again I didn't change anything important other than changing a compiler directive from "#ALIGN 4" to "#ALIGN 2".
    #ALIGN is used to round up the instruction location to a power of two address. PowerBASIC inserts NOP instructions into the code section to bring the instruction location up to the desired address. So it mainly do nothing but change the machine code generated. This was sufficient to let the AV bypass its signatures but does not solve the problems for future thinBasic releases. I hope they will get back with a definitive solution.

Just noticed "Find and replace" dialog allows replacing both in whole file and just in selection too.
    This little detail makes me happy, thanks Eros!
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    Just noticed "Find and replace" dialog allows replacing both in whole file and just in selection too.
    This little detail makes me happy, thanks Eros!
    There are a lot of new feature in new Codemax edit control that will make programmers happy. I'm sure about that.
    I will try to document them as much as possible later when I will be able to finish to develop the minimum to be considered stable.

I extremely like vert/Hor splits very useful for big scripts.
    Also vertical selection of text is nice (keep ALT pressed while selecting) with cut/copy/paste also working in vertical mode.
    What about regular expression in search/replace

I'm sure I will be able to add many nice ways of working with source code.

Ciao
    Eros

Hi eros, i will test it tonight.

Ok, during install of thinBasic AVIRA AntiVir acted up on a file. One of the libs, the installation names a tmp file.

Now to testing thinAir. I take it, it is a very early version. So it is hard to tell if it is a bug, not an implemented feature or a not fixed to the new editor component feature.

These things I noticed:

1) The function browser window is fixed on the left side. You can't move it. When you maximise the main window it will be covered by it.
    2) When I want to change the font in the options dialog, the sample edit item is empty and as soon as I confirm, it says that thinbasic isn't located in the path
    3) No auto capitalization of the keywords.
    4) When you comment lines, and want to UNDO that action, you have to undo each single line. A group undo would be better.
    5) A changed file isn't nowhere indicated as such, liek with an asterix infront of the filename or such.

That's all for now. I know from the past developing an editor is a lot of work so hats off to you for doing it.

Cheers
    Michael

Thanks Michael.
    Yes, I can confirm it is a lot of work
    But it is worth to do it and also I have to do it.

Do not spend too much time on finding problems because at the moment problems are quite evident
    Once I will reach a sufficient level of problems fixed I will ask to go though and check again.

Thanks again.
    Eros

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast